6 week check-up, but no internal is that normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week check-up, but no internal is that normal? 6 week check-up, but no internal is that normal?

Unread 02-14-2001, 10:45 AM
6 week check-up, but no internal is that normal?

I had my six-week check-up and all my doctor did was look at my scar and put me on Premarin. Should I have had an internal? Glad I didn't - but now I'm wondering if I should have as I have an awful lot of back pain and I still suffer from pain on my right side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2001, 10:57 AM

I have not made it to my three week much less my six week, but my best suggestion is to talk to our doctor. I would call and ask about all the things you have mentioned. They won't know if you don't tell them, or make sure they give you an answer that will comfort your mind.

Good luck.
Queena
Unread 02-14-2001, 11:37 AM

I didn't have an internal exam at six weeks either, but I don't think it was a typical check up. She had just come from the hospital and was called back just minutes later. My hormones were changed and I'm to go back in a month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2001, 03:23 PM

SPEAKING OF....I HAD MY 5 WEEK CHECK UP TODAY. HE DID AN INTERNAL. SAID I WAS DOING GREAT AND THAT I COULD RESUME ALL MY NORMAL ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING SEX. HE DIDN'T TELL ME TO MAKE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT, SO I'M ASSUMING THAT HE RELEASED ME AT THIS POINT. HAD TAH/BSO 10JAN01 AND I AM ALMOST 38. THIS SEEMS A LITTLE SOON TO ME. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS?
Unread 02-14-2001, 03:41 PM

Hi Pjames,
I had my 5 week exam today. I received the same news, that I could resume activities as I felt I could. Unless I have any other problems I don't need to see the doctor til next year.
Good luck to you. I'm looking forward to getting in to the swing of things.
Peace and Good Healing to All,
Deeeee TAH/BSO 1/9/01
Unread 02-14-2001, 03:48 PM

Had my seventh week today, could not find time for 6th week, ah, well, I am discharged, YES, I had an internal, and my stitches on top (wherever that is)still have not dissolved, but he said I can do whatever...and come back in a year for internal, ovaries, etc.
If the vagina is sewn shut, how can he feel for the ovaries????
Unread 02-14-2001, 03:58 PM

i just got home from my 6 week check up and i did have an internal check to i have the some thing as you lower back pain and pian on the right side Dr. told me that it was my muscels in my back heve tightened up from not useing them as much as i had in the past (i have been down sence
(11-7-00) gave me some exersizes to do to help and put me on half days at work for a week or so (left it open for me) and the pian on my side was from my bowels( give it more time ). you need to be glad that you didn't have in interal it hurt.
Unread 02-15-2001, 08:01 AM

Hi sisters,

Just a word of advice...when the Dr. says that you may resume normal activities, don't go at them like you've never been away. Ease back into it slowly. This is especially true with any strenuous activity that you took part in pre-op. Build back up to your previous level gradually.

My very best to you...

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register