Too soon for Chiropractic treatment? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Too soon for Chiropractic treatment? Too soon for Chiropractic treatment?

Unread 04-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Too soon for Chiropractic treatment?

Hi Sisters,

I was just wondering if anyone might know when it would be safe to go back to the chiro. I am 3.5 weeks post op and need to have my back adjusted. I have been having chiro treatment for 3 yrs but Im scared that with the jolting it may do some internal damage..although he is very gentle...just not sure.

Had LAVH on 31st March 05, removal of right ovary.

Thanks

Pineapple Plum (Brigitte)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2005, 10:21 PM

Ask your Doctor.....I too have been under Chiro care for a few years, but my Doc said he wanted me to wait until after my 5 week check up to get an okay before going. I go to him this week so hopefully I will bet to go to my Chiro soon!
Unread 04-25-2005, 04:48 AM

Hi, my daughter is a chiropractor here in the UK. I asked on your behalf and she said to contact your own chiro, she knows there are ways to adjust your back without the need to lie down, it just depends on the treatment required and your chiro is more than qualified to make that judgement after a hysterectomy, hope that helps, Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2005, 07:04 AM

I agree, check with your dr. and your chiro to see what they think is best. I am still holding off going, even though I will be six weeks on Wednesday, because I need to have my hips adjusted and there's no way he can do it without a lot of twisting and moving. And since I'm still feelig little tugs and pulls when I do things that involve a lot of twisting, I'd rather wait than do some damage. Hugs.
Unread 04-25-2005, 10:40 AM

I was adjusted 5 days post-op. He was very gentle and I didn't have ANY pain associated with the adjustment. I needed it so badly from using my arms and back to pull myself around those first days after surgery. My surgeon said it was fine as long as my chiro knew about the surgery. I also had adjustments within days of each of my c-sections. HTH.
Unread 04-25-2005, 12:16 PM

I had a TAH on Friday. My chiro told me I could come in this week and he would adjust me without lying me down on the table. I'd call your Chiropractor and ask.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register