How to deal w/nerve pain? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How to deal w/nerve pain? How to deal w/nerve pain?

Unread 05-02-2005, 07:47 PM
How to deal w/nerve pain?

Thank you very much... At this point Wednesday can't come fast enough for me. I was up almost all night Friday because of the pain & I was up almost all night last night. Only got 2 hours of sleep last night makes for a long day when you work 10 hour days.

I hope & pray that this nerve block on Wednesday will get rid of my pain. I don't know what I am going to do if the pain comes back this strong.

The pain was so bad last night that I almost woke DH up and told him to take me to the er.

Sigh...

I hope I can sleep tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2005, 09:56 PM
nerve pain

first of all i wish you luck with the nerve block

but i wanted to mention that my husband was on a drug called neurontin for nerve pain due to a back injury and it really helped

im sorry you have a nerve entrapment issue

wishing you well

Kelly
Unread 05-03-2005, 01:40 PM

Kim,
Sorry I haven't responded yet here, but my cable modem is failing and I have someone coming tomorrow to bring me a new one, right now I am at mom's house using the computer and had to come check up on my girls.
I will be sending tons of prayers your way tomorrow ...please let me know how it worked for you when you feel you are up to it.
Much love,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2005, 11:02 PM

Thanks Marian! I hope it works. I will post as soon as I feel up to it.

My appointment is at 8:30 am so we will be leaving here at 7 am.

Kim
Unread 05-06-2005, 04:08 PM

Hi everyone....I too am in the same boat....nerve entrapment...though mine is on the vaginal cuff. It hurts all the time, especially with standing and movement. I do get a little bit of relief (and I do mean "little") when I lay down. I have had one injection of Lidocaine two weeks ago, but with all the poking and prodding to find the exact spot and the injection itself I really don't know if it did any good. My dr hasn't put me on Neurontin yet...hasn't mentioned it. I also have a secondary pain with my pelvic muscles...they get tight and go into spasms because of the cuff pain...been going to a pelvic physical therapist which has helped to teach me how to relax those muscles....but the cuff pain just never goes away. The small amount of pain meds that I take help to just take the level down to where it's bearable and I can work and try to lead a somewhat normal life, but that's it. I'm also on B vitamins, extra progesterone and Zoloft, which does help me to mentally be able to handle the pain. Dr has said that we may do a lap to see if we can cut out that nerve, but we're going to leave that as the last option. Dr told me that Tylenol doesn't help with this pain and has me taking Advil....which I saw that you can't take. Won't your dr give you something stronger to help with the pain? My dr is the one who suggested that we keep me on the pain meds....glad she isn't one of those who won't prescribe....we need them....this isn't just some fantasy pain that we are going through...this is life altering pain...from the previous posts, every single one of us is having our lives interrupted or temporarily stopped because of this problem. I know that I am just tired

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register