I Stretch A Lot While In Bed. Is That Good? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Stretch A Lot While In Bed. Is That Good? I Stretch A Lot While In Bed. Is That Good?

Unread 04-25-2005, 06:18 PM
I Stretch A Lot While In Bed...Is That Good?

I'm not kidding. I mean I really stretch big time as I'm so stiff in the mornings. I can sometimes feel my tummy muscles saying "that's enough". But I feel it's too late by then. Should I not be doing this? I'm still spotting too. I hope I haven't messed anything up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
I Stretch A Lot While In Bed. Is That Good?

A few ladies have posted here before about this stretching. I experienced it for a few weeks to during recovery - I'd wake up and my body would just stretch out on its own.

It's definitely a weird feeling, kind of like an involuntary body yawn.

Some spotting is normal. I had it for about three weeks (and then got a mini-period). If it's bright red blood or you're using a full maxi pad in one hour, call the doctor right away.

Take care.

EDIT: I found the thread that was going on about this a few months back: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ght=stretching
Unread 04-25-2005, 09:04 PM

Thanks for sending the link to the other posts re: stretching. Wow! I didn't know anyone else was going through this. It is definitely a "tummy yawn" I just have to be careful doing this as it still hurts a bit in my stomach.

I'll keep a close watch on my spotting. I'm not too alarmed right now. It's more of a inconvienence than anything. I'm just anxious to be done with "Pads".

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2005, 11:53 PM

Normal stretching isnt going to hurt the surgical site.
Spotting/drainage can last up to 12 weeks---everyone is different. As long as there's no fresh blood (bright red), fever, new/unusal pain, foul odor, everything is a-ok. Should any of these symptoms appear then a call to your Dr would be warranted.
stay well!
diana
Unread 04-26-2005, 06:00 AM
morning stretches

Hi SoLongUterus,

Yes I also have the long, wonderful body stretches. I cant remember when they started, probably during the first week. I remember waking up in the morning and holding the bedhead, wrought iron, and having a wonderful full body stretch. Its quite involuntary. I remember thinking that this probably isnt good for tum but I couldnt stop it. Its quite a strange sensation..and yes, relaxing. I also found myself doing it standing one day without even realising what I was doing. I havent experienced any pain in doing so but I am aware and try not to stretch too vigorously if that makes any sense.

LAVH on 31 March 05. Right ovary and cervix removed. Dont have pathology report yet.

Good Luck with your healing.

Pineapple Plum (Brigitte)
Unread 04-26-2005, 06:05 AM

yes i have stretched every morning in bed since about day 5. I think it probably gets the blood flowing through the muscles, so aids cirulation, when done spontaneously. I would try and stretch with my arms by my side (rather than above my head though- if i remembered!) The exercises my physio gave me immediately post op - involved similar stretches, so I wasn't concerned.

Chicky
Unread 04-26-2005, 12:42 PM

I get those involuntary morning stretches too! It is so weird but nice. I wake up so stiff. At least I can sleep on my side now.
Unread 04-26-2005, 06:27 PM

Interesting! My body did that too and I couldn't figure out why, but it sure felt good...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register