new and facing 2nd surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new and facing 2nd surgery new and facing 2nd surgery

Unread 04-27-2005, 06:41 PM
new and facing 2nd surgery

Hi, i'm new here. I'm 46 and had tah/lso 2 yrs ago for adeno, fibroid, and lots of adhesions, the remaining ovary has endo but the dr promised to keep atlease one, the other was attached to my uterus. 6 months after my surgery I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, more surgery and radioative iodine therapy, to make things worse during this my remaining ovary failed. Now still trying to get both hormone levels right.

Last month I had an ultrasound for pelvic pain and they found a small cyst and since I'm postmenopausal they did ca-125(came back normal ) and repeated ultrasound showed the cyst was gone but the pain isn't.

Next week I talk with the Dr. about removing the ovary and see if my pain is from adhesions or endo. She said she will try to do the surgery with laposcopy but if the adhesions are bad she would have to do an abdominal. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Also I had a tummy tuck when I had my tah, will another abdominal surgery ruin it?

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2005, 12:55 PM

Oh ((((Sweetie))))) You've been through a whole lot since your hyst and I'm sorry you're facing yet another surgery I do not have any answers for you but I did want to send some s your way.
Unread 05-02-2005, 08:57 AM

Hi plg,

So sorry to hear of your problem. I had a tah May 1998, kept both my ovaries and have just had both ovaries removed via laporoscopy on last thursday April 28th.

My gp sent me to gyno when she diagnosed a rectocele but he was more concerned with the mass he could feel at the top of my vagina. An ultrasound showed what appeared to be cysts which the gyno felt should be investigated. Had ca125 done which was borderline. Surgery was scheduled using laporoscopy .

Feeling a little uncomfortable still but sugery was complicated. Left ovary had adhered to my bowel and had alot of cysts,one 8cm in size. Right ovary also had alot of cysts. Photos given to me by my surgeon today show alot of adhersions which needed removal also. dr said surgery took over 1hr 30min. I am so glad to have it over now.

Thinking of you and sending you good wishes. Hope it helps knowing you are not alone.

Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2005, 11:25 AM

Hi, ((((PLG)))).

I had a second surgery for pelvic pain 6 months after my TAH and it turned out I had extensive, dense adhesions so my doctor was forced to convert to a laparotomy again. Many times the physicians don't want to risk bowel injury so they feel the best course of action is to convert. This often has a negative effect on the patient since more surgery generally creates more adhesions but sometimes it's the only thing that can be done at the time. I've not had another surgery since but it's only because I've chosen to take alternative measures to deal with the pain. Others choose to go back for surgery hoping the next time will do it. Hopefully, your situation is one that can be handled laparoscopically. While this route doesn't eliminate the somewhate reduce the chances. Hugs!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register