Ovarian cysts?? Anyone can help? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovarian cysts?? Anyone can help? Ovarian cysts?? Anyone can help?

Unread 04-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Ovarian cysts?? Anyone can help?

Hi,

I had a hysterectomy March 2004. I have one remaining ovary left. I haven't been feeling good lately...unusually tired, feel bloated, sometimes nausea, ect, night sweats real bad, lower back pain that has persisted for 2 years, not sleeping well...I am gathering it is hormonal.

Well, I went to my internist yesterday, and is doing a whole work up. He is testing my thyroid too ...

Well anyway to make a long story short, he was pushing in on my stomach and he hit a spot on my lower right that I almost flew off the table....it hurt bad! Matter of fact, he did it again to make sure, and I was in pain when he pressed in. I wasn't even aware of this pain until he pressed there!! Naturally, I am a bit worried. I have to take an MRI and Catscan, and like I said a complete workup. Blood, urine, stool, ect.

Does anyone have an idea what this pain could be? Ovarian cysts, maybe? It doesn't hurt when I walk, and also I go to the gym. But now I am aware of it, and it is like a dull pain. Any clues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2005, 12:19 AM

Hi Elizabeth I've moved your post over here to the Ovaries Only forum, where other ladies with similar experience can see it and share.

It does sound like a lot of your symptoms are hormonal, but perhaps not the pain you're having. Ovarian cysts could cause such a pain. So could returning endo (I notice you had endo as mentioned in your signature line). Is the pain cyclical, or is it there pretty much all the time? If it's all the time, I'd suspect something other than endo or cysts.... perhaps a visit to a gastroenterologist as part of this workup might make sense?

Let us know what you find out, OK?
s,
-Linda
Unread 04-30-2005, 05:35 AM
same symptoms also march 2004 TAH

I am having cat scan today to look at one reaining left ovary that ultrasound showe d 3 cysts on.I also had endo and adeno discovered during hyster,I have been complaining for years how crappy I felt and no one cared ( they must think i"m a hypochondriac) I also have lots of digestive and bowel problems..
I am scared to death.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2005, 08:43 AM

Hi Suferbabe,

The pain was not there...meaning I wasn't aware of it until the DR gave me an exam and started pushing on my stomach. (Lower right side). He was like, It hurts you there? I don't feel the pain otherwise, except for maybe an occsassional dull ache. I am very tired though ...like a constant fatigue. I went for the blood tests, urine, and MRI. Tuesday I have to go to get CAT for pelvic/abdomen region. I see the DR again on June 2nd. What a wait!!! That is a long time to wait. If it is something , I hope they will at least call.

Oh, this never ends!!
Unread 04-30-2005, 07:03 PM

I've had a couple surgeries since my hysterectomy. Eleven months ago I had my right ovary and adhesions removed - the ovary had developed complex cysts.

Eleven weeks ago I had another surgery to remove a pelvic mass that had developed on my right side - the mass was causing some problems with nerves.

I think going in for testing is a good idea. Last year when I had the ovary removed the vaginal ultrasound showed the complex cyst - you could not see the adhesions. Prior to this most recent surgery I had a vaginal ultrasound, CT scan, and MRI - none of them showed the pelvic mass.

Good luck - keep us posted on how you are doing.

Unread 05-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Unhappy - Ovarian cysts?? Anyone can help? Ovarian cysts?? Anyone can help?

my ovaries were covered with cysts and my doc did hte same thing,,. i also came off the table.... it sure sounds like a cyst to me....
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:56 PM
lynnmary ..

so you still kept an ovary? OMG If I had known after my TAH that I could possibily EVER need another surgery to remov eth oNE ovary she left I would have opted to have it out at same time.
I am terrified of more surgery and what about whoever had more surgery for a mass that was never seen?OMG what are wearing BLINDERS when they operate? Don't they look around and check for everything while in there? You'd think they would after all I do not have ZIPPER installed in my lower abdomin to keep having it opened up! ( a little levity I feel like crying just thinking of more surgery!)
Unread 05-05-2005, 07:32 PM

s Maven

I sure understand your not wanting to have more surgeries. I had two major abdominal surgeries only 5 months apart last year. I can understand the "zipper" feeling.

Did you ask the Dr. if it could be done laprosopically if you have it done? Keep us posted on your progress....

Unread 05-07-2005, 12:20 AM

Hi Elizabeth,

I had a large 10cm cyst removed w/ the ovary a few weeks ago. I too had dull, achy pain that I ignored and didn't even know this mass was there. It didn't hurt when the dr. put pressure on it though, but I suppose that depends on what nerves are involved.

Since you've had a hyst, you could have adhesions, too, which cause pain. I had lots of them.

Hopefully your tests will give you some answers. Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register