Endometrial biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial biopsy Endometrial biopsy

Unread 04-29-2005, 08:24 AM
Endometrial biopsy

Did any of you have to have an endometrial biopsy before your surgery? I did to make sure that there were no cancerous cells. If it should come back saying there are, I would have to have a TAH/BSO instead of LAVH. I know I have been slightly uncomfortable since the procedure because I am only a couple of days away from my period. Oh joy!!! I only bled like a mini period for one pad, but continue to wipe pink and brown with specks of red occasionally (not to be gross). My uterus is just achy now.

GBonnough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Endometrial biopsy

I had a biopsy in January. The procedure itself was very quick but hurt a LOT. I ached pretty bad and bled a little the rest of that day and most of the next. By the night of the second day, I was feeling better.
Hope you are feeling better soon and that the results come back negative!!!
Key
Unread 04-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Endometrial biopsy

Hi GB! Yep, I had the biopsy done. Actually the whole D&C , hysterscopy, lap thing. And had a litte discharge just like your.
They were lookin for cancer too because the my lining was about
5x the normal range. Turns out my uterus at the bottom is huge
compared with the top. Sort of a right-side-up eggplant. That accounts for the discrepancy. I was very relieved. Waiting for those results can wear on your mind can't it? I know how you feel. But everything will be alright.

Best Wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Endometrial biopsy

I had a endometrial biopsy before my TAH which I have had 4 in the last 4 years thanks to endometrial hyperplasia that was discovered during a D & C and yes they are very incomfortable and I used to bleed as soon as I got home from having it done. I will pray for you Gnoonough that hopefully no cancer cells will be found. May I ask when it your surgery scheduled?

Susie
Unread 04-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Endometrial biopsy

I was pretty crampy afterward too. I don't know about the bleeding and spotting since I was having my visit from AF I was bleeding anyway.

But two days later I had the WORST cramping episode I ever had. I almost went into the ER because of it. I was up all night and it finally subsided by the next morning. I don't know if the two were related or not.
Unread 04-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Endometrial biopsy

I am scheduled for the biopsy May 5 and then a TAH on June 23. My doctor told me it would hurt a lot so she gave me something for the pain and a set of instructions of when to take it BEFORE the biopsy and AFTER.
Unread 04-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Endometrial biopsy

Rylwttgr,

You are lucky that your doctor gave you something for the pain cuz mine said I was a "pro" at it and could handle the pain since I have had 4 of them, but I will tell you the first one that was done I passed on on the table from the pain OUCH!!!! I have a male doctor and he doesnt understand the pain that us woman go through!!! good luck with your biopsy and I will keep my fingers crossed that you dont have to inder the pain that I have.

Susie
Unread 04-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Endometrial biopsy

Hi,
I had an endometrial biopsy done last summer before my Thermachoice ablation, Hysteroscopy and DNC. One had to be done before you could have the ablation. I had no clue it was going to hurt like it did! My daughter's friend was fixing to have her baby and she was seeing my same ob-gyn. He had gotten the call to go to the hospital because it was his on call day. He jumped in there and did it in a hurry. I didn't know what was coming! Nothing for pain, he said to hold my breath that it would hurt pretty bad for a few seconds. Wow I thought I would come off the table.
Then when I joined the ablation board, I read where some women were given pain medication to take beforehand. I was surprised he didn't as bad as it hurt. It was quick, but still the after effect didn't feel very good either. I cramped the rest of that day and the next. I also had a discharge.
Unread 04-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Endometrial biopsy

Just had a hysteroscopy with biopsy 3 weeks ago. It brought on my period a week early and it lasted about 11 days--bleck! It was more crampy but was actually lighter than normal for those long days. My results were normal for NO signs of cancer. I was told to take ibuprofen before the procedure and it was not comfortable but it wasn't bad either. I am sure the ibuprofen helped. The whole thing actually made me laugh at one point because my GYN and his nurse discovered that my uterus has a double fundus or horn(bicornal) and they couldn't stop exclaiming about it. The nurse said I was really different and they took a LOT of pictures of it. Sheesh, I couldn't help but laugh at least a little. I really do like my GYN and the office and I've only been going to them for a couple of months now. Just remember to take ibuprofen beforehand and it will most likely go smoothly. Best of luck to you!
Unread 04-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Biopsy

Hi, I had an endometrial biopsy last week. What amazes me is that I was told it would just be mild cramping!
I am a Nurse Practitioner and have told others the same over the years. Well, now the tables are turned, and it sure is different being on the other side as a patient. The biopsy was moderately uncomfortable and I had cramping and bleeding for two days afterwards. I am going for my TAH BSO on Monday. I will never tell a patient anything will be "mild" again unless I have experienced it myself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register