April Wrap Up...How'd It Go? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Twenty Pound Club

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April Wrap Up...How'd It Go? April Wrap Up...How'd It Go?

Unread 04-30-2005, 02:33 PM
April Wrap Up...How'd It Go?

Well, after a month of ups and downs, highs and lows, peaks and valleys...
I am the same weight as of April 1. :cry:

Ate well 90% of the time.

Did lots of walking, which I am proud of and feel good about. All I want to keep me motivated is to just get the FIRST FIVE POUNDS OFF and for them to STAY OFF! How could someone plateau when they haven't even lost any weight yet!!!!!!

I Hope to have more success in May!

Hope all those who follow had a good month....either some losses or holding steady! Good luck!

Hugs,
Sarah

So....0 lbs. lost - 20 lbs. (and more) to go!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2005, 09:28 PM

I've been pretty bad about visiting Hysteritaville in the last couple of months, I haven't had much good news to report - I've been up and down and up and down again. Like Sarah, I'm the same at the end of the month as I was at the beginning, which all things considered is a good thing

I'm heading to Las Vegas next week, unfortunately I know that despite my best intentions I will overindulge. Especially breakfast buffets - I love bacon!! Part of the time I'll be at a trade show, that's miles and miles of walking, so I'm hoping the walking will offset the wonderful food!
Unread 05-01-2005, 06:33 AM

I started my workout about the beginning of April - and just found this group last week. When I started - I quickly lost 2.5kg and then lost 2kg more. For the past two weeks however, I have been at a plateau. I have not lost this past week, nor have I gained. I do not know how much of that is because of my Cola addiction.

Btw - did you all know that ONE litre of cola contains 420kcal??? It took me 50 minutes on my home trainer to burn those kcals! Sheesh - and I drink close to 3 litres a day that is 1260kcals a day JUST in Cola. I really have to cut back on the cola. That is my goal for May. To cut back to one litre of cola (being practical, as to cut down to less in a month will be near impossible for me). Cola is my coffee, it is my breakfast, it is my "energy" drink. I really have to change my ways there.

I have been bemoaning the fact that I am at a plateau. Now I have not measured myself pre-workout or recently, but when I look in the mirror, it seems a shape is trying to get out. Perhaps my body is building muscle? After that quick few kg of loss, now my body is building muscle and the fat cells will come off later? Hard to say - anyone have knowledge on this?

Also, my DH made an excel computer program for me. For my home trainer. It tracks my weight I started with, the kcals burned, the pulse, the km rode, then calculates the speed I rode at and it also has a thingy on it that shows when I should reach my goal weight just by the kcals burned on the trainer (not taking into account what I eat or other exercise that is not kcal counted).

The reason i brought this up? Well, I am willing to share the program with any of you who would be interested. Just let me know and I can get DH to make a "blank" form of the program to email to any of you. And I hope I explained that correctly - any questions/clarifications you have on it let me know.

Well - that is my update. A bit discouraged, but remaining hopeful, and trying not to get so discouraged that I don't DO my workout - as I know once I do it, I feel better and am "pumped" for the rest of the day - and thus more active.

Julia
4.5kg lost - 16kg to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2005, 12:15 PM

my final weigh-in of the month wasn't spectacular. I logged a .8lb gain. I didn't get to the gym nearly as much as I would have liked due to illness, vacations and catching up on some household chores. Although I've had two weeks in a row now where I've had gains, I still lost more (4lbs) this month than I gained (2.6lbs), so to me that's a very positive thing and I am still moving in the right direction towards my goal.

Julia good job on cutting back the sodas. Is switching to diet an option for you?

To those who are struggling, hang in there. And I hope everyone has had a productive April!

BSQ
14.2lbs gone ... 5.8lbs to go
Unread 05-02-2005, 03:58 PM

Slow going isn't it. I'm down three for the month - sure wish it would come off quicker. Overall though, I've lost about 23 lbs since surgery in August. How about everyone else, how much have you lost since your surgery? On the up side, staying the same is better than putting weight back on isn't it! Let's keep working on it. I'm sure we'll succeed eventually
Unread 05-02-2005, 05:39 PM

April was not a good month for me neither was March for that matter. I have been having a really really hard time staying focused . I just seem to eat and eat. Up and down yo yoing again,
But I am determined that the month of May will not only bring flowers(sorry poor pun) but will also bring back my healthy life
style.So here I am starting once again. My goal is to loss 10 lbs by my birthday in July (beginning of July).40 down 25 to go!!
Unread 05-02-2005, 10:05 PM

I am down another 1/2#, so I'm at a total of 7 since I started. Should be a lot better, but I'm not beating myself up over it as I've had a lot going on the past 2 months.

Have been exercising some with DH and going back to the Y, so that is a step in the right direction. Also, just found out WW has a new calculator/points something-or-other that I am going to check out if I can catch it open during a lunch time. I have always done best when I keep track with my points rather than just having "good intentions"!!!!

I really want to be at 150 by June 1 - that is another 6 pounds. My clothes fit well at that weight and then I have only another 7# to hit my ultimate goal.

WE CAN DO THIS LADIES!!!!!!! Keep plugging away - our victories seem small sometime, but at least we are not gaining!
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:35 AM

Hello. all! I am new to this site as of April. I had a tah in '02, and for the first few months really trimmed down with a regular regimen of speed walking. Now it has been a few years and ,boy am I lacking in motivation. I am trying to get in a regular exercise routine again and hope to trim up for the summer. Yesterday I weighed at my physicians office: 157. I am 5'6" and would like to weigh between 140-145. I find the less sweets I eat the less I crave of anything. Also, fresh graperuit juice with a tablespoon or three of applecider vinegar is a great appetite suppressant! Not real tasty, however. hyssie-fitter
Unread 05-04-2005, 10:04 AM

I couldn't agree with you more Tamara! Sometimes our progress seems slow, but we're not gaining and ending up above where we started!! That is a major victory!!

HIya & welcome hussie-fitter! Oh My ... grapefruit juice with apple cider vinegar just made my whole mouth pucker up!!

Julia, without measuring specifically for it, it's hard to say whether gains are from building muscle. When I gain weight because of building muscle I usually show gains for a few weeks in a row, then the scale will drive downwards again. I'd suggest measuring yourself at many different places (bust, waist, abdomen, hips, thigh, arm, calf, neck). Usually when you gain wieght but your clothes are fitting better, you've gained muscle. Taking measurements at regular intervals can help guage this as well.

BSQ
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:21 PM

Holding steady.
I've been really sick for about 10 days now and have not made it to the gym at all (bad cold and cough). --- I suppose on the "positive" side, I don't have much appetite, so I'm not over eating!

I'm content to be staying on course-- and I should also note that I can now feel my ab muscles more-- both in front and lateral.

Keep up the good work everyone - small steps -- -if you can't lose, hold steady and be patient.

we didn't get these extra pounds in a day, and it will take focus and determination to shed them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register