Almost 4 months post-op and spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 4 months post-op and spotting Almost 4 months post-op and spotting

Unread 05-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Almost 4 months post-op and spotting

Help!

I have a doctor's appt. this afternoon but last night I started spotting and it's still there this morning. It's just when I wipe myself and it's light pink. There's nothing in there, so how can I be bleeding. Yesterday I felt like I was getting a period....strange.....
I had low back ache and my left side hurt, like where the ovary would be. I'm freaking out

Anyone out there had this happen to her????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2005, 09:08 AM

well if you kept your cervix and an ovary than you may be having a mini period.
If you had sex last night, than you may have granulation on the "cuff" if you have your cervix removed.
Good to know your off to the dr's, with granulation bleeding they can fix that in one or two treatments, good luck
Unread 05-02-2005, 10:16 AM

You haven't added to your info what your surgery was, but galvatron covered all the bases.

I also had bleeding at 4 1/2 months, like you said, just bright red when wiping. Intercourse was the night before with pain, so I figured it was granulation. Yep, sure enough. Doctor did a nitrate treatment and I have a recheck next week.

If it's due to a mini period, I've read here that they lighten up with time and or the cervix can also be treated to prevent it. IF this is the case talk to your doctor today about your options.

Let us know what you learn.
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2005, 08:11 PM

Hi Ladies,
In Jan I had a LAVH leaving one ovary and tube. They found cancer in my ovary so in March I had the other ovary and tube removed along with the appendix and omentum with multiple biopsies. Unfortunately they found some more cancer cells so I will need radiation and/or chemo.

Anyway, saw Oncologist today and he said that the bleeding was from the vaginal cuff, that I must have strained or pulled something He said that up to 6 months and sometimes even longer, there could be spotting..not to worry (easy for him to say).

Thanks for your replies and hopefully I won't panic. It's just a very scary time for me. The Hysterectomy was nothing compared to what I'm going through now.

Good luck to you all and thanks for responding so quickly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register