Anyone take Gabapentin or Zanaflex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone take Gabapentin or Zanaflex? Anyone take Gabapentin or Zanaflex?

Unread 05-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Anyone take Gabapentin or Zanaflex?

HI there the Neuro gave me two drugs to try yesterday one is an anti seizure med called Gabapentin which I think I tried for nerve pain before but it was called Neurontin or something like that and I think I had a reaction to it but can't remember and the other is a muscle relaxer called Zanaflex........anyone taking them?

he thinks it might be mini seizures and something immune related all he can tell me right now is that the cyst in my brain isn't cancer.....spinal cord MRI next week and then the week after is cardio tests and then I go back to him two weeks after that.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2005, 11:06 AM

Hey, Gidge.

I took Zanaflex one time when I had a pulled muscle in my back. All I can say is it worked but it sure made me goofy! Some might ask how could anyone tell . . . ?
Unread 05-03-2005, 11:16 AM

......I know what ya mean....thanks for letting me know I"m currently using cyclobenzaprine and it knocks me on my butt so I wondered if the zanaflex might be easier on me? And the gabapentin I"m really worried about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2005, 09:03 AM

I have taken Zanaflex before and it didn't knock me out. I now take Soma and while it does make me a bit mellow it seems to work better (for me) than the Zanaflex did. Never taken the other med you mentioned. Good luck -- I hope these work for you!
Unread 05-04-2005, 09:45 AM

thanks for letting me know.....I'm trying to only take the cyclobenzaprine when my eye hurts really bad but it would be nice to find something I tolerate a little better so I could take it before it gets to that point! So I'll keep the Soma in mind (if it's available in Canada?)

I still haven't gotten brave enough to try the Gabapentin......
Unread 05-04-2005, 04:08 PM

Gabapentin IS neurontin in generic form so please be careful if you've had a reaction to it before. I have taken Zanaflex before (4mg) and it knocked me on my butt. I take it and 30 minutes later I'm out for at least 6 hours. Of course, I only take it at bedtime as necessary....my MD gave it to me for sleep since I can't take sleeping pills...they make me sick. However, I will say that medications affect people differently. Good luck to you.

Jami
Unread 05-09-2005, 09:32 AM

hi
i took Zanaflex before and it really did not help with the nerve problem so my doc gave me xanax and it helps me ALOT!!
SHARNA

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register