Another possible problem! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another possible problem! Another possible problem!

Unread 05-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Another possible problem!

First let me say that I am sorry I haven't been here in a while, our cable modem died and they are coming out tomorrow to bring me a new one. In the meantime, I ran over parent's house to talk about my new possible problem.
Last week, I kept having on/off low grade fevers, usually starting around 3pm...had body aches, chills...felt like the flu (was horrible) except I didn't have a high fever. So I called on Friday to my GP to get checked out and she was triple booked and that if I felt really bad to go to the ER otherwise she would see me Monday. I know this doc really well personally, so I know if she can't fit me in, she is very very busy. Well, I decided to see how I felt and then decide if I needed to go to the ER. Last fever I had (or so I thought) was Friday night and felt pretty good over the weekend, no chills or aches, etc...so I figured it was just viral and I was going to cancel my appt , but for some reason I decided to go. I get there and she takes my temp and it was 99.8 (I was shocked) and she looked all over my skin (to check for tick bites and lesions/rash), checked lungs, heart, tummy, everything...told her stool was fine and urine was fine. But I have a history of asymptomatic bladder infections so she did a urine. No white cells but moderate blood. This happened last year too....so she is thinking I might have IC even though I don't have the other symptoms, urgency, etc---but I am never symptomatic with my bladder....but to have fever, aches, and blood in my urine more than once she wants it checked out. She is going to tell the urologist that I should have a cystoscopy. fun fun! So my appt with him is on the 18th (earliest they had). She said the scope and biopsy will answer all these possibilities: IC, endo, cystocele or just blood from adhesions irritating the bladder or ureters. So under anesthesia again I go...yuck. She said that she hopes it isn't IC (me too!)
Then last night (I felt fine) I was fixing dinner and I got kind of light headed and nauseated and had to turn off the stove and go lay down and was so sick to my stomach I had to lay on the sofa for about 5 hours until it passed. I have no idea where that came from ! I hadn't even started the Cipro yet!
So...any sisters out there with IC that had fever, aches, blood but no other symptoms?
I hated telling DH about it when I got home, cause I know he was thinking "sheesh, what next"....I am so glad that I didn't cancel my appt...but she said that I would have eventually felt bad again enough to come in.
Sorry so long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2005, 03:44 PM

oh Marian

i'm so glad that you kept your appointment!

hope that you are feeling better soon.

s and good thoughts,

bonnie
Unread 05-03-2005, 04:21 PM

Sorry to sound stupid....but, what is IC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2005, 06:51 PM

Marian, it always seems to be something, doesnt it? I hope you get an answer to your troubles on the 18th, you will be in my thoughts!!

Thank you again for always helping me out!!
Unread 05-03-2005, 08:39 PM

Hi Marain.
I just wanted to send you a big and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. You have been through way too much. I hope this procedure goes smoothly for you. I also hope you get answers so you can get the appropriate treatment.
Must be something about the 18th, because I have to get more oral surgery that day!
Good luck and I'll continue praying for you.
Peggy
Unread 05-03-2005, 09:35 PM

((Fibroid Woman))

IC is interstitial cystitis, an inflammatory bladder disease. I've just been diagnosed with it unfortunately and believe me it's not something that you'd really want!
Unread 05-03-2005, 10:45 PM

Am so sorry. Hope we all get off this road as soon as possible..... Deb
Unread 05-04-2005, 08:59 AM

Geeze (((marian))) it does seem to be never ending for you and so many of us here. Sorry to here you are dealing with yet another issue. Sending lots of and your way!!

It was odd to see this post. I haven't been here much myself lately (alot going on in my personal life) and was coming on today to post about some issues I've been having as far as frequent kidney infections and what seems to be a return of cyclic issues (PMS type) although I have no ovaries. I don't even want to think about it, but the thought of IC or ORS has crossed my mind. I have an appointment with my gyn on the 11th that has been scheduled for 6 months and was considering cancelling it. Guess I need to go and discuss this with her.

Best of luck to you and I hope this is nothing more than a UTI that will go away and stay away.
Unread 05-04-2005, 03:17 PM

Awww you guys! Thank you so much for your support, those of you that know me well, know how much I hate to post on my issues..LOL
With my appt being on the 18th, I have no idea when my cystoscopy would be, hopefully soon so that I can know something.
Just a little update, my GP called me this am and the urine culture grew nothing, so it is definately not a UTI, just like the last few times....I was soooo hoping something would grow..lol...but I knew that if it didnt' show any infection in the office, it wouldn't in the lab culture.
Silverfern---what symptoms did you have with IC? Any of those that I am having now? with fever, aches, chills and just blood in urine?
Or anyone with cystocele have these symptoms or endo in the bladder?
Unread 05-04-2005, 05:57 PM

((Marian))

The fevers and chills will not be a symptom of IC. My urine tests all came back negative. I didn't just have the normal urine tests done, but more comprehensive ones as well....all came back negative for infection, blood etc. My IC symptoms are bladder/urethral burning and inflammation, frequency and urgency of urination, nocturia (up and down peeing all night!!!). I also have vulvodynia which is a burning and hypersensitivity of the vulval area. I fortunately don't have the pain that some suffer from with IC, for which I'm truly thankful!

The only way to truly diagnose IC is with a cystoscopy with hydrodistension and biopsy. My uro said that at first my bladder looked perfectly normal until he looked at it with it fully distended and he could easily see the haemorrhaging in the walls of the bladder. The biopsy he took showed mast cells which, together with the haemorrhaging, gives a definitive diagnosis of IC.

I sure hope you get to the bottom of this Marian, sooner rather than later!!! All the very very best.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register