How's everyone at 4 weeks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How's everyone at 4 weeks? How's everyone at 4 weeks?

Unread 05-04-2005, 08:45 AM
How's everyone at 4 weeks?

I feel my overall energy returning to it's pre-anemia level.

Frustrated that I have 'restrictions' but abiding by them and not close to pushing the limits.

Want to start taking on the world again (can anemia make you depressed or is it the physical side that causes the blah feeling?)... I could almost be described as 'manic' right now. But then that was my normal state until all the bleeding did me in. No wonder DH said I had changed - LOL.

Only a few twinges now and then, no soreness in the tummy, incisions look and feel good. Have 'tempermental belly' - it does what it wants when it wants regardless of what I have done or not done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2005, 09:41 AM

At 4 weeks, I'm beginning to regain a little bit of strength. However, when I get stupid and overdue it, I feel it. With limited ability to do things around the house, I'm very bored. I've had it with television. Plus, since I've been home all I do is think about food. As you can see, my appetite came back and then some. I lost 12 pounds and I intend to keep them off. Thankfully, I've been given the green light to drive, but drive where??? I can't push a shopping cart and I get very tired walking around in stores. I'd love to buy some new clothes, but I really don't have the strength to try them on. I'm sorry for all the complaining, but it's so difficult to take it easy when you're used to be constantly busy.
Unread 05-04-2005, 10:08 AM

Doing pretty well. Through the entire 3 1/2 weeks, I have had very little soreness, but the skin feels a bit stretched. I am actually larger than pre-surgery even though a 15x11x12 fibroid was removed . I am assuming it is swelling, Hope it goes away soon!

Other than that, anxious to be going back to work part time next week to relieve the boredom!

-------------------------------------------------------
SAH - vertical cut 4/8 to remove 15 x 11 x 12 fibroid + ovarian cyst. Left ovary was also removed. - 40 years old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2005, 10:10 AM

Hello to all the other 4-weeks-today princesses!
I am feeling pretty well although I have overdone it a couple of times and made myself spot.
I too am a little bored- I get frustrated at not being able to do what I want when I want. I can think of a ton of things to do but there's always a catch that stops me from being able to do them.
I went to a movie on Sunday and then slept most of Monday. That made me feel depressed.
Working from home has been an adventure on it's own.
I have my 4week checkup tomorrow. Sitting is still uncomfortable.
In the hospital my Doc said I could drive as soon as I was off pain meds but I'm sure he didn't mean my standard transmission jeep- so I haven't been anywhere on my own for 4wks. Feel very dependent which is hard for me.
to you all. Can you believe it's been four weeks?!
Time flies and crawls depending on the day.
Unread 05-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Remember to breathe

I'm 3 weeks out and know how you're feeling. Went to the Dr. yesterday and the internal stitches still haven't dissolved so he told me I had to stay down for another week. He suggested that I become conscious of my breathing because after TVH we all tend to hold our breath when we bend, lift, push, or pull which puts additional stress on our abs. I never realized how much I was holding my breath instead of breathing. Hang in there sisters! We'll be back to our old selves before we know it.
Unread 05-04-2005, 10:32 AM

Doing well, thank you. Hope you all are too. Had my 4wk post-op today and am released to drive, etc. It's amazing what you find out in the surgery report that your husband/sig. other couldn't remember to tell you. In reading it today, I discovered I had fibroids in addition to the polyps I knew I had. Also when they sectioned my left ovary, there were two cysts and I had cervicitis. Also my uterus was huge.
Glad it's all gone and looking forward to the future.

Hope all other 4/6 sisters are doing well.
Unread 05-04-2005, 11:13 AM

Doing real good. Check up was good too. I go back to work part time next week. It is getting a bit boring. I am trying to stay out of the stores.
Unread 05-04-2005, 11:18 AM

No pain,been driving since day 8 or 9 after surgury,doing housework,cooking and all that needs to be done while still listening to the Drs.I just wish I could sleep at night,this is nothing new for me.....but I had hoped it would get better after my Hyster.
I can honestly say that I can't believe that I even had the TVH!! I am a new woman and my family is sooooooooo thrilled that I am the Mom-wife they once had.I would do this over again in a heartbeat to gain what I have and will.
Unread 05-04-2005, 05:06 PM

Hi. I'm feeling my energy level rise, but once it did, I overdid it. I've been having crying spells off and on, even tho I still have my ovaries. I am forcing myself to stand up strait and have some back pain, yes i use heating pad.

I go to stores, I kinda hang on the cart and let it 'guilde me' I dunno if I'm pushing it or its dragging me? I just cant wait to be normal again.

One thing I was wondering tho, I havent seen any 'stitches' is that normal? I did spot a few times while first home. I had a friend call today and tell me that altho when she saw me I was a lil slow moving, she admired the weight loss. Made me feel good.

Hope the rest of ya's are doing well, here's to the pool I cant wait.

carrie
Unread 05-05-2005, 12:09 PM

I am at 4 weeks and 1 day and am basically doing well. I think my remaining pains are due to adhesions (especially since 1 is just under my ribcage and nowhere near where my uterus used to be. That get aggrevated when I laugh to much, sneeze or turn the wrong way.

My savior from boredom is being able to dial-in to work and work part-time from home. I can decide how much I can handle and when I need to take a break or nap. I don't officially go back until 4/23. In addition to combatting boredom, I'm not going to be as far behind when I return and the time I work will make up the difference between my available leave and the time I have to take off.

Kitty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register