can rectocele get larger?????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

can rectocele get larger?????? can rectocele get larger??????

Unread 05-04-2005, 05:41 PM
looked at cyctocele OMG!!!

hi,
i looked at my problem this afternoon. and OMG!!! it's getting bigger!! i can't believe my Dh seen this the other day and didn't say anything... will this get even bigger? it really hurts latley too!! why is it hurting and getting bigger?the back is coming thru the front!! i thought if you "took it easy" these things could stay there for awhile!! AUGH!!! i don't want surgery again and i am only 31 should i get in before the 6th of june????? thankx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2005, 08:15 PM
can rectocele get larger??????

Hello

I am sorry you are going through this. I know how you must be feeling about dealing with it. I had my rectocele and enterocele repaired Jan. 25th.
It can get larger quite quick. I was diagnosed with a barely #1 in Oct. I had a defecogram done Dec. 17th and it was said to be large. That is also when I was diagnosed with a enterocele. That is a bulge coming from the back.You might want to make sure your gyn checks you for a enterocele also. At my pre op six days before my surgery my gyn did a internal and said the rectocele was d*****ately much larger than in Oct. He also saw the enterocele.
I think you would be ok to wait until your appt. in June. It is not a life threatening situation or anything. You are probably how I was. I hated feeling the bulge and dealing with the constipation. I had to splint with my fingers to have a bm. It steadily got worst. I was also diagnosed with some stress urinanry incontinence by urodynamic testing a couple weeks before my scheduled surgery. I was supposed to get into the urologist to get it set up for him to do a urethral suspension (tvt) at the same time. The urologist wasn't avaliable on the surgery day, so I didn't have the suspension. I was also diagnosed with a small cystocele by my gyn at my pre op. He said he didn't feel it needed fixed at this time. I really regret not waiting to have the tvt done at the same time. I could have avoided this situation.I was panicky like you are now. I plan on having the tvt later on this summer.
I guess what I am trying to say is if you have any otther issues going on, make sure they are all checked out so everything can get fixed at once. I see on your signature where you are also dealing with a cystocele. It can also be fixed at the same time. I think surgery is a given for you, but that is only my personal opinion. You don't want to go through life with that uncomfortable feeling. It will only get worst as time goes on. Talk to your gyn about using pelvicol to reinforce the repair. Mine used it and was very pleased with the results so far. I am hoping it will last forever.
I will keep you in my prayers. The surgery was a breeze!!

Good luck and keep us posted.
Peggy
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:19 AM
can rectocele get larger??????

thank you so much for your reply.you have really gone thru alot!!! i'm going to ask my Dr. to fix everything... at first it really didn't bother me because it was rather small,but now it's getting pretty big and i also noticed (this morning i looked again) the "bulge" has a tiny hole in it??? what could that be?????? i guess i thought as many of us did that after the hyst. it was all over and it seems like that is just the beginning for alot of us....
i was reading your last post about IC... my sister has that and the only thing she said helps sometimes is if she doesn't drink coffee!! but other than that it IS NOT PLEASANT!!!!! i'm sorry to hear that you have to go thru yet another thing..augh!thanks for your thoughts and i will keep you in my prayers as well! God bless and try to hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register