Still painful? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still painful? Still painful?

Unread 05-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Still painful?

I went to my gyn last Monday and he did my pap and to talk to him about my endo and PCOS issues. He was mashing around on my stomach and I just about came off the table. He says I probably will need a hysterectomy that includes both ovaries. We've been talking about this for several years but I think it's finally time. He wants me to get an ultrasound on May 9th and then talk about surgery after the ultrasound. Since the exam, I've been having alot of pain. I have a dull, constant pain in my lower abdomen (where he was pushing around) and in my back. Then sometimes I will get shooting pains down through my pelvis. I've even been using a heating pad to help. Is this normal? I've never experienced this before. I mean I do have these issues right before my cycle starts but not this far in advance. I've also had some diarrhea issues as well. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Still painful?

I did the same thing. The Dr would check me and push around on my tummy and then everything in there would get inflamed and angry and start hurting. It would hurt for several days just because of the exam and then it would settle down a little.
I used my heating pad and took ibuprofen for pain, I was also prescribed lortab 5 as needed.
I had a lot of diarrhea too and it was due to adhesions that had my colon in a bind, like it was in a twist pulling everything down. Now that I've had surgery all of that has ceased and I am so happy for that.
Hope that you find something to help you feel better.
Best wishes,
Tammy
Unread 05-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Still painful?

I also had pains after my Gyno appointmemts. Mine lasted about a week or so after, but the 1st 2 days after the appt, I was almost fetal position pain because it would hurt so bad I was afraid to even move.
I cannot stand Gyno appts due to that. Also for the longest time the docs wanted to keep guinea pigging me. My husband is in the military and some of the docs I had seen in the past made me feel old since they were like 12 year old boys. Plus they would not take the time to research into my file to see what problems gynocologically I had. Then they would push into my belly like they were trying to pull my spine out of my back.
When I made my appointment in March to see a gyno I told them I refused to see a doc that was younger than me and wanted a more experienced doc.
It was hectic, but then I saw a wonderful doc that knew not to dig into my belly and he took the time to review my file and really ask me questions.
After that appointment I had some pain, but no where near what it was before. It only lasted about 24 hours. Which for me was a true blessing.
God bless,
Kristi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register