TVH - A Piece Of Cake | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH - A Piece Of Cake TVH - A Piece Of Cake

Unread 05-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Tvh - Piece Of Cake

On tuesday, may 3rd I entered the castle at 6 am for my 7:30 surgery. I am having a TVH after struggling for 5 years with heavy bleeding, fibroids and continuous periods. I am 43 and the mother of 2 grown sons. My youngest son weighed 12+ pounds at birth and that that's when it all began. I had Ablation done in Oct. 2000 - that did nothing! Dr. said my last option was a Hysterectomy.
After being preped I was wheeled to the operating room A man decided to give me a spinal along with twilight. He administered something into my IV and I remember nothing till he woke me up and told me it was over. I was taken to the recovery room with absolutely NO PAIN. After 15 minutes I was taken back to my private room. The feeling in my legs returned after about an hour and a half. I had a folley in and those annoying wraps on my legs. I still felt NO PAIN, no discomfort, nothing. I had plenty of visitors that afternoon and never even had time to nap. I was very awake and quite comfortable. I was put on a liquid diet for the rest of the day which was no problem cause I had no appetite. About 8:30 in the evening the nurses decided I should get up and take a walk. They got me out of bed and we walked around the nurses station they returned me to my room and told me to sit in the chair awhile. after I sat down, I became dizzy and thought I was going to be sick. Well that was an understatement ... I threw up in massive quantities. Decided they should return me to my bed and forget about walking till the morning.
I laid in bed all night on my back which was uncomfortable, with the folley and IV and those wraps pulsating on my legs. Had a rather long night but was looking foward to morning and hopefully going home. Still no pain. Morning came and I was given a solid breakfast. Ate that and kept it down (thank God). About 11 am Nurses said it was time to remove my IV and folley and get up and walk. All went very well, no dizzyness this time! After the folley was removed I had no problem urinating on my own. At 1:00 p.m. I was released. My husband brought me home (we only live a couple of blocks from the hospital) ride home was fine. Got home and went straight to bed for a nap. Got up several hours later and watched TV for the rest of the evening. Went to bed at 10:00 pm and slept till 9:00 am the next day. Have not taken ANY pain pills. It is just unbelievable! I feel sort-of like I had a baby. It is only day 3 post-surgery and I was outside for a walk and picking up a little around the house today. I'm so happy I had this done. I cannot believe I put this off for 5 years. Planning on returning to my full-time job in just 2 weeks! Hope everyone else has the same success I did. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register