Dear husbands and Mother's Day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dear husbands and Mother's Day Dear husbands and Mother's Day

Unread 05-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Dear husbands and Mother's Day

I swear that if it weren't for women this world would be non exsistant! I switched days at work with this guy that I work with and it just so happens that I have today off. This happened about four days ago so it is not a new development. I was able to go to mother's day brunch with Aaron's dad and his three sisters and their families.
After a lovely brunch, Aaron and I decided to take the girls and go to Ames. It is not that far away and it has a Best Buy. We belong to their reward zone program and had coupons to spend. Stupid me thinking that I would get something on this day! He bought a Dragon Ball Z video game and has been playing it since we got home about three hours ago! I did manage to get a happy mothers day out of him today right after I woke up. After I yelled at the girls for not letting mommy sleep past 6 am on my day off and mother's day for crying out loud.
we got home from Ames and I held it in as long as I possibly could before I blew up. The only thing he said is that he understood! Ok so you understand me now what? I swear that men have their heads someplace else on certain days instead of on their shoulders!
Don't get me wrong, I didn't want much. The guy waiting the door in Best buy gave each of the girls a carnation to give to me. I got more from a employee of a computer store than I did my own husband!
That is all fine and good. I am tomorrow after I take Hunter to school going SHOPPING! All by myself. Just me and Ashton. I have had my eye on this purse at Payless and I think that I will go get it as a treat for not doing something to DH that I might later regret!
He told me today that to him Father's day is no big deal. He hears I love you dada all the time. My little one still calls him dada it is soo cute. Ok so to him it is no biggie. To me it is. It is not that I am wanting gifts, just appriciation. I didn't get that today, My feelings are hurt. I didn't see my mom today either. I talked to her on the phone and she had a great day at work. Til she came home and my dad is half asleep in the recliner and watching a black and white cowboy on tv.
I swear that all men are so insensitive to what a woman wants that I am just going to go off and eat worms!
Happy Mother's Day to all those hard working non recoginized moms out there. Keep up the good work. Our kids are better off for it. Love conquers all.
Penguin 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2005, 02:43 PM

Mothers Day has come and gone and I finally had time to read your post Penguin.Please don't take offense when I tell you I had to chuckle,ok I laughed,when I read it.
You remind me so much of myself as a young mom and what a let down Mom's Day could be.Just try to keep in mind,it doesn't change but I know from your obvious sense of humor that it will get better,because YOU will make it better!
As a veteren mom,between us Future DH and I have raised 16 kids,believe me when I say,the day will be what you make of it.
As for gifts and appreciation,the kids will catch on ,with a little grooming from you.As for hubby........make a BIG fuss when Father's Day rolls around,and mean it.Remember the old adage about catching flys? It's true!
Now next year when the day is over..........GO BUY YOURSELF ANOTHER PURSE,you will have earned it.
Unread 05-10-2005, 03:22 PM
mother's day

I looked for another purse that I liked. I either couldn't find one that grabbed me and said "buy me" or I didn't want to spend the 12.00 to bad. Needless to say I came home with a jar of alfreado sauce for my chicken and that was it. Talk about pathetic. I told DH that he needs to learn a lesson from me. I have about 11.00 to my name and I was going to be the loving and courtious wife and buy him a new pair of cheapo tennis shoes to wear to work. He can now wear shoes instead of steel toed boots. I went to Kmart and wal mart and to payless couldn't find a good purse or his shoes. So I came home. I told him that atleast I thought about him instead of only myself. I am so good at below the belt punches. I just hope that the girls got that talent when they are older and dealing with teenaged boys.
as for my sense of humor, that is a gift that I cherish from my mom. We both love pulling a good joke on people. Love all Penguin 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2005, 03:39 PM

I know what you are talking about!!!! Here is how my day went. First my DH knows that after I wake up I can not go back to sleep and on MOTHERS DAY he still gets me up at 5am. to fix his lunch for work, he is a federal officer for the bureau of prisons, then he forgets to tell me happy mothers day. After the kids get up we go and get his mother a card and gift and come back home. Well DH calls at 5pm and says honey a bunch of co-workers are going down to the field to play ball and that he will be home about 8:30 or 9pm, still no mention of Mothers Day. By this time I have past being hurt and going into furious, I say nothing and we hang up. My kids and I go to visit his mother and deliver gifts to her and come home. DH comes home at the above time with a sheepish smile and a card that is it. He said that as he was leaving one of the guys asked him what he got me for mothers day and that is when he remembered. I was so hurt and angry that I decided to tell him that we took care of his mother and went to bed before saying something I would regret.

The reason I did not mention my mother is because she passed away when I was 16. I can not end this post without letting you know that friday before mothers day my five year old boys class went the green house and used his concession money to buy me flowers that we proudly planted in my flower bed. He forgot to tell me that they were going or I would have given him extra money. He has passed his dad up in the charm factor I think.
Unread 05-10-2005, 04:50 PM
forgetful hubby's and thoughtful children

I know exactly what you mean. My girls have been little artists all week. Hunter has brought home a plant for me from school I think that it is a petunia. Ashton gave me a plant that my sil bought and grew for the mom's of her daycare kids. At least other moms are appriciative of us.
My lovely hubby just got home gotta go if he catches me complainging he won't like me telling other people he is a goof!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register