DVT, Obstruction and AVM's - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DVT, Obstruction and AVM's DVT, Obstruction and AVM's

Unread 05-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Update

Well it has been a long couple of weeks, but my heart is very hopeful that we are taking promising steps towards healing. I had my Angiogram done about a week ago. It was a day filled with a lot of waiting, much time to get nervous, and some understandable apprehension. Topped with a surprise upon our arrival that the doctor we had thought would be doing the procedure was not the one that was on my arm band. Yikes! Adapt...adapt we did! The Radiologist I ended up having was not much for compassion or patient relations, but that was OK because the nurses were very kind. When it came time to lie down on the table I felt a sense of peace and things went really well. I was awake, but kind of sleepy. It was amazing to watch the images on the screen. I saw the coils from my embolization procedure which was really awesome. It truly is a wonder what is possible, and yet it is only natural to have reservations about all these things being done to your own body. Yet, lying there I couldn't help but gasp at how unique each vessel was as it lit up before me. Afterwards I had to lie in the bed for 8 hours, but it was not like a beach resort by any means. I couldn't move or raise my head, so there was no reading or even laughing...my husband broke that rule a few times! I was thankful when the day drew to a close and I could return to rest at home. The incision site is a little sore if I am really active in the day, which is pretty much every day with our little blessings here at home, but it isn't bad at all. I had my MRI this past week as well. It was a very different experience. It was supposed to take an hour but I lay motionless in the tunnel for 2 hours. For me time literally stood still, and I didn't realize that it had been so long. I can't say that I felt too comfortable in the scanner, lying so still, but I tried to not think too much about it. It was pretty confining. The nurse was not able to share the results with me, as they will actually take two weeks to be reported. She did comment that the images they were able to obtain were "beautiful" and that they should really help the doctors. That hopefully this will be "it." She knew about my history and our search for answers. I felt that sounded hopeful. One more test to go, on Friday June 3rd. A CT Angiogram is the last one to be completed before my return to the Vascular Surgeon. I am eager to learn what has been determined and what it may mean for my health and my future. We already know that there are things that may be able to be treated and those that will likely not be. Some of the abnormal vessels exist between or within organs and tissues of my body that I can not live without. Unlike my uterus, which I can sustain life without, these vital areas can not be removed. One such vessel crosses my entire pelvis, and the doctors can not cut into it without risking my survival in the OR. Things have shifted in my heart from hoping for an absolute cure to conisdering and embracing possibilities. I am grateful for those things that can be treated, be it through interventional radiology or surgery, and I hope that I will face the things I can't change with grace. With faith I dare to hope and dream despite the uphill road that this journey has been and continues to be. Blessings

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2005, 08:42 AM
DVT, Obstruction and AVM's

Blessings,

I am so glad you are all right and able to tend to you little ones!

May God continue to bless and keep you.

Susan
Unread 05-29-2005, 09:48 AM
DVT, Obstruction, & AVM's

Oh Blessings!

It is so good to hear from you again and know that you are nearly finished with this latest round of procedures and thus that much closer to a complete diagnosis! Bless you and your husband and your little blessings!

Interesting to me that you mention "you hope to have the grace to accept..." I cannot help but make a comparison on this beautirful Sunday morning of you with our Lady of Grace... You, more than anyone else I know, do have the Grace and obviously the Faith to get you through all of what lies ahead for you, that which is in some way treatable and that which is not...

You are truly an inspiration, and you will make it because you love and are loved!

Keep up the great work!

s and more s!!

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register