Just a little nervous surgery in a week!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just a little nervous surgery in a week!! Just a little nervous surgery in a week!!

Unread 05-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Just a little nervous surgery in a week!!

I am having a LAVH with anterior and posterior repair on Thursday May 19, 2005. A little nervous. I use to work at a women's hospital in the OR and know exactly what they are going to be doing to me. I have worked many times with my surgeon and have all the confidience in the world in him, but I am just a little nervous about recovery. He tells me that the first two weeks are the worst and the more I walk the quicker my recovery. For the past five years I have had heavy bleading with clots caused from fibroids but now I have hyperplasia that has caused the bleeding to get worse. So I am looking forward to period free days ahead. Please give me post op suggestions for a fast recovery. I have always been a very active person. Oh, by the way does anybody know how long it is before you can resume swimming? I forgot to ask that question the other day. I just love this website. Glad that I ran across it before my surgery date. It has alot of information and support. Thanks for your prayers and answers to my questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2005, 08:01 AM

I'm a little nervous too - - my surgery is May 17th. I'll just be glad when it's all over and I can get back to my life. I think I'll miss riding my horse most of all. I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait.
Unread 05-11-2005, 08:07 AM

I had a TAH the first part of February. I was actually feeling pretty good in less than a week. But there is a balance between walking a lot and overdoing the activity. The minute I would overdo, I would know it and find myself down for the next day. I put off the surgery for years because I was so nervous and now I wish I hadn't. Three months out and I am feeling SO much better than I have for years!

Best wishes to you both!

Hugs,
Sherry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register