Can I tell my DR I told you so? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I tell my DR I told you so? Can I tell my DR I told you so?

Unread 05-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Can I tell my DR I told you so?

I know it has been awhile but the roller coaster has started again. If any of you have followed my saga you will now that I have had adhesions in the past and am really tired of them. I had surgery last summer and in October the whole thing started again. I just came from my pain management appointment that was made in Dec,(Hows that for speed, ha ha). Again I had a trigger point injection. Not working! The pm dr basically said that it is probably the adhesions again (no duh) and that he didn't think the injection would work. He hit that right on the head. He is going to send a report to my primary and my gyn dr and basically tell them he can't do anything for me and that he feels the pain is deep in the pelvic cavity and we will need to discuss other options. My gyn dr doesn't want to do surgery again unless she absolutely has to. I am to the point where I think she has to. It hurts 24/7, no sleep, vaginal pain as well as bladder pain when I urinate. The bladder pain is the worst, it is apulling pain not an infection/burning pain. I will call her tomorrow and let her know what is continuing to go on and set up an appointment for the next step. She put me on estrogen cream for the vaginal pain but that hasn't helped either.

So the saga continues, anyone else out there going through or have gone through the same mess. If so what was done for you and what options were you given?? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2005, 09:18 PM

oh ((((Sally)))) I'm so sorry you're going through all of this I don't have any insight for you, as, fortunately, the Adhesion Monster has avoided me. However, I did want to send some gentle s your way.
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:27 AM

i just wanted to say sorry you have to go thru this and i hope the Dr. will be able to help you.. i myself haven't had to deal to much with adheshion's,but i some removed last year and i know how bad they hurt and no one listens...
take care and try to hang in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2005, 06:50 AM

I have been dealing with the monster since my surgery 8/04. Never had this type of pain before and I wished I had not had my total hyst. I just can't seem to get past it. some days are good, but most are bad. My ob/gyn has prescribed 30 lortab's a month. I called a pain mgmt. dr in my town, but his nurse said they have been unsuccessful so far in treating pelvic pain. UGH its so discouraging. i have almost gone thru my 30 pills and i still have 10 days left. I have no idea, after journaling, dieting, sleeping, rest, etc. what causes my pelvic pain, but it is centered on the deep right side into my hip where I "understand" I had the most "cut out" type work done to get to the right ovary.

My sympathies are with you. I was watching this board back in january and saw many were seeing pain mgmt. dr's. I am hesitant to give up my pain meds as nothing else works and I have a JOB I have to commute one hr to...I guess I'll have to get to where I can trust the pain mgmt dr to agree to quit taking pain pills while he/she tries to solve my pain problem.

I wish we all had an answer for this terrible pain. It is really debilitating. I just came to the point in my life where my DH and I were going to have a "life"! My kids, both, got married last year, moved out and we have a new grandchild to enjoy. I hate to sound so depressing...I even take Lexapro to help manage the pain. I've researched it and Know surgery is not the answer...I wish some doctors or professionals would offer us some suggestions on this site! I know God will help us through these trials, but sometimes you just get so tired of the chronic pain...again, I know I'm not much encouragement except to say "I really do understand" where you are coming from. Hang in there and pray for better days ahead!
Unread 05-12-2005, 10:42 AM

Oh (((Sally))) I really do understand where you are coming from. I am currently in PM due to (amoung other issues) recurring adhesions. My gyn and PM doc agree that more surgery is NOT the answer and trying to manage the pain IS. I'm lucky that I have a wonderful PM doc who does her best to keep me comfortable. If that means continuing pain meds then she doesn't have a problem with that. I simply don't understand a PM doc that says they can't do anything for you! Isn't that what they are for....to manage the pain when nothing can be done to "fix" it?????

I am sending you many s and and hoping you find some relief!
Unread 05-12-2005, 01:42 PM

I have been dealing with the monster since my hyst when they were first removed and I am currently in pain management as well...I started in Feb of this year..she increased my pain meds, I now take MS Contin (morphine) 45mg twice a day and percocets 7.5mg 2 tabs 4 times a day and it is not enough. My pain is still so debilitating I can no longer work and haven't worked since my last surgery in Sept 04. She is sending me to PT to see if helping the pelvic floor muscle issue will alleviate some of the pain---it hasn't! Not one bit! It actually aggrevates it most days. I have my next appt June 1st with PM doc and afraid of what will happen when she gets the notes from PT and hears it from me that it is not working---that scares me. I even took Elavil at one point with all this to see if that helped some and it didn't. Been on lexapro for depression the second time the pain came back too.
I wish you the best!
Unread 05-12-2005, 05:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the comments and support. One of the main issues I have is that I am allergic to all pain meds. Injections aren't working, they can't reach where the pain is. I am in so much pain right now that I will call my drs tomorrow to see what to do next. I will be done teaching in two weeks and have the summer off so surgery could be done but I really don't want that unless I absolutely have to. Thanks everyone!
Unread 05-13-2005, 10:24 PM

I would really recommend trying acupuncture. It really does take away the pain, although sometimes it doesn't really last. Massage is also good for relaxing. You might want to try some relaxation techniques as well. Sometimes the acupuncturist can help you with this or recommend someone who can. Also, I had a lot of bladder pain after my hyst, and change of diet (the IC diet) helped. I also take 3 "Cranactin" pills a day and 2 "Continence" pills. I got them in the health food coop, and they are supposed to help with bladder pain and frequency and the feeling of always having a UTI. I tried these alternatives when the doctor at the Mayo Clinic told me that the only thing I could do was have an implant in my butt, a drastic measure I really didn't want to take.
Unread 05-15-2005, 08:17 AM

Hi Babs100 and everyone else,

I have done the acupuncture route and myofacial massage with no luck. The adhesions are so deep for the massage that the pain was worse. I spent almost six months doing both. Acupunture was great for about an hour after each session then the pain got so bad it made me sick. I also do restorative yoga. The dr who does the accupunture truly thinks there is something left in there. My pt/ot thinks that the scar tissue is so thick that it needs to be removed. I am suppose to hear from my dr tomorrow so we will see waht happens next.

I have spent this weekend in bed with the heating pad and ice hoping for some relief but as of right now, I have not received relief. I even tried the magarita route (not really) with no luck. I had one margarita on friday evening, just made me more nausious. It wouldn't be bad but when I want to urinate I can't but when I finally do, the pulling pain is so bad I want to throw up. I truly thought pain management was suppose to take the pain away not make it worse. I know I am wierd but that is my life. Traditional stuff doesn't work. My drs all call me wierd and a walking medical mishap. I figure that I am just going to have to suck it up and deal with the pain.

Thanks for the suggestions, I just wish they would work.

I am not incontinent. My drs will not give me meds with out an epie pen. My body doesn't do well with meds. I have a list of 25 forbidden medications. I don't know if I even want to try others. All I know I am severly allergic to all pain meds and now antibiotics, muscle relaxers and natural substaces are being added to the list. I want a new body or at least get the old one back. I never had any issues until my hyst/ooph/mastectomies. I did all of this to prolong my life. I may live a very long life but now it is going to be filled with pain. I will deal, I always do. Thanks so much for your support. One of these days I may get some relief. I just don't see it anytime soon. Good luck with you stuff and I hope things work out and get better.
Unread 05-21-2005, 06:51 PM

Sally,
It may sound weird, but have you had an extensive physical checkup to rule out other sources or complicating factors for your pain. With your allergies to pain meds,I wonder if you are inflamed and /or having an allergic type reaction inside your body. Acupuncture can help but it might clear your body of toxins first which can be a healing crisis and vey umcomfortable.
I know I'm having a hard time getting a Doctor to look at the whole picture and help me since my surgery. They all specialize and each do their on thing, The responsibilty to get them to pay attention to each area has been all on me but I'm still working on it.
I hope you get some relief soon even if it is only temporary( as it helps even just to have a break). I also don't do well with meds in general and have to be just as careful with herbs. Haven't had any bad reactions to homeopathics though so you might try that. You really need a complementary medicine person to help you,too.
Praying for your health to return,
Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register