Incisional hernia symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incisional hernia symptoms Incisional hernia symptoms

Unread 05-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Incisional hernia symptoms

I had a TAH in Oct 2002 and for the most part everything went well. About a year ago I began having right hip pain/soreness plus internal soreness under my incision on the right side. I've been to my gynocologist several times plus went to my orthopaedic doc and had MRI/X-Rays of lower back and hip. Test revealed nothing but arthritis. Needless to say pain has not improved and finally after one more visit to gyn. he agreed to do CT scan to check for possible incisional hernia. He indicated he felt a slight thickening at the incision site. I also urinate alot and he did a bladder cath and found a few blood cells. He was going to 'culture' this to see if anything showed up. (I'm still waiting to hear for this test also.)

I was wondering what symptons some of you other ladies experienced with incisional hernias and also if any of you experienced any of the other symptons I'm having. I just want to find out what's going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 08:53 PM

Oh ((((sweetie)))) I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time I haven't experienced any of the issues you're dealing with, but did want to send s your way.

One thing I've learned, over the years is that, often, we are dealing with several issues, all at once. Some of them have similar symptoms but may be just enough to skew the results and baffle your doctors. It's great that your doctor is running tests to try to get to the bottom of this

Have you mentionned the possibility of an incisional hernia? I know that, in the best, putting the bug in their ear has been enough to start them investigating that new possibility.

I'm sending s your way and hoping that you find answers (and relief) very soon. Please, do keep us posted.
Unread 05-23-2005, 02:46 PM

When I was still having pain 7 months post-op, my doc suspected an incisional hernia in me, too. I was having very sharp pains to the left of my navel -- especially when I was experiencing any or even hunger pangs. She seemed rather skeptical, but after she poked "the spot" and I almost jumped off the exam table, she ordered a CT scan.

Well, in my case it wasn't a hernia, but a hematoma. My understanding, however, is that those incisional hernias can be very painful but they are fairly easily repaired... best wishes to you.

Also, it's possible that you are experiencing referred pain. In other words, the pain you're feeling in your hip may be originating somewhere else. That's fairly common (and is part of the frustration in diagnosing this stuff).

and I hope you get some answers soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register