stuck in the grocery store!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

stuck in the grocery store!!!! stuck in the grocery store!!!!

Unread 05-13-2005, 12:20 PM
stuck in the grocery store!!!!

ok ok I know I did wrong!!! I had Surgery on the 5th (8 days ago) WellI ws feeling better ny Wednesday of this week and so sick of being couped up, I drove to the grocery store and bought groceries. (the one thing everyone on here says not to do) ANyway I got about half way through my shopping and was almost in tears from the pain, almost called my Mom form my cell and asked her to come and get me, nut I sucked it up and finished and checked out andcarried some of them in and out them away. Couldn't finish. Well that was 2 days ago and I am still in alot of pain and bleeding. I only had a little spotting, brownish until after I went shopping. Today seems worse bright red blood and seems to be more than there should. What should I do????? I have my 1st preop on Monday. Should I wait, or call the Dr. I feel so stupid and I am very mad at myself!!!

Learn from me, just because you are feeling great....you are not healed yet!!!

Please tell me what you think...by the way I had TVH 5/5/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 12:24 PM

Seems like we all overdo it at least once and then pay the price. So hard to learn from other's mistakes.

It is probably just from over-doing it, but since you've had a change to bright red and a big increase in the amount of blood, my recommendation is to call the DR.
Unread 05-13-2005, 12:28 PM

I would definitely call the doc! Believe me.. they've heard from me three times already, and I'm only 11 days out! But they'd much rather you call, than have you wait and it turns out to be a big problem.

Better safe than sorry!

FiberGeek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2005, 01:16 PM

Call the Doctor IMMEDIATELY and fess up. You'll feel much better. Then get your tuckus to the couch, bed, wherever and BEHAVE yourself.

Hugs and Love,

carrie
Unread 05-13-2005, 01:34 PM
call the doc

schmeb,

I agree...call the doctor now. They might read you the riot act, so to speak, but don't worry about that now.

Your health is the most important thing, and you need to find out now if you did any damage; you can't afford to wait until Monday.

Bright red blood and an increase in bleeding both indicate a call to the doctor is in order, just to put your mind at ease.

And we at Hystersisters are now sending the Pillow Police over to point you back to the couch.

Barbara
Unread 05-13-2005, 01:42 PM

We will forgive you this time it seems you have learned from your mistake. Yes, call the doctor and let them tell you what to do. I think you just did to much to soon. I know being couped up is hard to bear at times but its for the healing. Now get you a dip of ice cream a good book and get on the couch, in the bed or wherever you are comfortable and get better!
Unread 05-13-2005, 01:49 PM

Until at least my 4th week post-op, if I went to ANY store by myself, I used the electric cart with the little basket in front. Not once was I asked to prove that I needed it. And, on the way out, if you just ask the bag boy/girl to follow you to the car, they get to drive the cart back inside for you after they help you load into your car and they think that's a gas!

It's not like the parking spaces where you have to have a legal right to use them, the stores mean them for anyone that may have difficulty walking their entire store comfortably. If I ever twist my ankle (which I'm rather notorious for doing) again, I'm not going to think twice about making use of one of their carts long enough to pick up what I need.
Unread 05-13-2005, 03:24 PM

ok ok I am back..the dr told me to come right in. Had to cauterize my incision. I am pretty miserable right now. Thanks to all my responses.you persuaded me to call the Dr and a good thing I did. So Girls Don' over do it!!!! It isn't worth it.
Unread 05-13-2005, 03:46 PM

I'm glad you were able to be seen quickly, and I hope you feel better very soon.

I never needed to have anything cauterized, but ouch (!!) it doesn't sound like much fun.
Unread 05-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Hi. Glad you got to see the doc right away. You know you did the right thing. Hugs of comfort are headed your way.

When you get the chance I am curious too, how/what part of the incision did he have to cauterize, if you wish to share?

I didnt see if you had TVH or TAH, my apologies.

But, n the meanwhile, take good care of you and know we are here for you.

carrie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register