What is your opinion? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is your opinion? What is your opinion?

Unread 05-18-2005, 11:52 AM
What is your opinion?

I can assure you that there is no false hope here. I am just tired of hurting and want to find out what is wrong. I haven't had time to call today but I will this week. I talked to my aunt, whom is a nurse and she said that all doctors here are required to give you your first copy free but they are able to charge each additional time you request copies. So, again I will keep you updated.

Also, just to let you know that I am on Premarin 1.25 mg. a day. I wonder if this pill is messing up on me.

WHO KNOWS!

Thanks,
Keri

I wish I could print out a list and take to my reg. doc of things that it MIGHT and WHAT IF's it could be ya know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2005, 04:13 PM
What is your opinion?

Well, just wanted you all to know that I received all my records from my GYN and I have to say WOWEE!!! It is an inch thick!!! Of course with 2 ova. Cyst removal surgeries, 2 Babies, C-Sec and a TAH it has to be. I am going to look over EVERY page of these records just to see if I find something abnormal.

For those of you who would know, what should I look for in these papers, like what types of abnormalities? I have never been real smart of doctor talk....LOL, if ya know what I mean.

I also have maybe a silly question to some of you. I am not real famaliar with Endo. I was wondering, after you have a tah can you get endo from having alot of surgeries, even if you have never had it before?

Thanks,
Keri
Unread 05-19-2005, 05:01 PM
What is your opinion?

Keri,
I've found that reading thru your own medical records can sometimes be like trying to read a foreign newspaper. You may think you know what something means, but it's not necessarily what you think as you don't know the language. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good idea for us all to have copies of our records, but I just don't think that we, as we are not doctors, can properly interpret them. I think it's best to take them to a doc and ask questions.

If you've not had a history of endo, it is probably unlikely, but not inprobable, that you have developed endo. I've not had endo, so don't have any personal experience in that area. I'm just guessing based on the things I have read and seen here on these boards.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2005, 08:26 PM
What is your opinion?

Kim, You were SO RIGHT on reading those records! I have read them all and am so confused now...LOL! I guess that is why she is the doc and NOT ME, right? HeHe! There were a couple of things that have made me question them but then again, I am not doc.

I did find that I have had previous adhesions, which she removed in previous surgeries and never told me about. There werea few on my bladder, which I have no idea what from, one on my colon, again have no idea what from and a few on my ovaries.

I guess when it comes down to it, I am scared I will look like a fool taking all these records into my reg. physician and then she finds nothing wrong with me. Do you all feel like this?

I have no choice but to call her tomorrow, I guess and get an appointment with her. I don't understand why I am so scared about it though. All I know is that I want this pain to go away!!

Thanks for listening to my whining,
Keri
Unread 05-19-2005, 10:52 PM
What is your opinion?

Keri,

I hope you get the answers you are looking for. I finally called my gyn dr again an saw her yesterday afternoon. I am scheduled for surgery July 14. I didn't want to have to go through it again but my dr is very concerned about how bad the pain has gotten and the severe tenderness that I have. She did a pelvic examine and I almost went through the roof. I am hoping it is only adhesions but am beginning to think it isn't. I have a dr friend who is going to see if he can assist. He knew about my surgery date before I did. I know he will watch out for me and he is going to see what information he can get from her about what she suspects is going on. He will let me know on saturday.

Again, I hope you find the answers you are looking for and that your dr can help with the pain issues. Life would be so good with out the pain don't ya think. Hang in there and let us know what you find out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register