Are the rumors true? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Are the rumors true? Are the rumors true?

Unread 05-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Are the rumors true?

I have a few more fears I'm worried about.

I'm having hysterectomy (vaginal assisted laparoscopic ) where only removing from what I understand the uterus. Anyhow what I'm worried about is gaining a lot of weight. See I can't exercise because of my bladder disease intercistal cystitis with hunner ulcers very painful at times. I can only lift up to 20 pds and sometimes that hurts. Are the rumors true that you gain a lot of weight and can't get it off after a hysterectomy.

Is it also true the rumors I heard that after this surgery your sex drive dies. Don't get me wrong mine is almost dead anyhow because of the disease but I was hoping to get it back.

Thanks for your information, this site is great!! Without you all I would be still searching for many answers for my questions. The first day here I spent hours reading and so many of my questions were answered. Thank you to all that put this site together. Thank you to all who post their stories and thank you all for posting to us newbies who are scared or just need some answers. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Much love,

Dixiewildfire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Are the rumors true?

Hi Dixiewildfire!

Having a hysterectomy doesn't make a person gain or lose weight. Weight gain and loss is all about "calories in versus calories out." Some women gain weight, some lose and others remain the same.

Please read the following article from our "Pre-Op Hints" to learn about post-op sexuality:

"Is Sex Really the Same?"

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 05-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Are the rumors true?

Hi, I just wanted to reassure you a bit. I had my hyst almost three years ago and I'm about the same weight as before it. I had actually lost a few pounds at first as I could not eat much at a time and a lack of appetite. I'm pretty active and that helps to maintain my weight.

My "intimate" times with my DH are still nice

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Are the rumors true?

I had TAH/BSO about 3 weeks ago. Have lost weight (eating carefully to promote good healing and doing minor exercise since 8 days). I can imagine my sex drive still working, maybe it will feel different, but in my case different will be better than where I was at pre op. I think much of it is in how you position your mind and willingness to work on your physical/mental/sexual health. Probably too soon to tell if I'm going to have problems, but so far my health is drastically improved. That helps me eat less because I feel better, motivation is increased to work at my health in all aspects as my energy increases and because I am determined to get the best results possible from my hysterectomy. Course I was feeling so rotton prior, I'd have probably died within a few years had I not stepped up to the surgical plate. Maybe it won't be perfect, but it sure is seeming that way now that the disease has been removed. Love Noom
Unread 05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Are the rumors true?

thanks everyone well tomorrow is the big day for me i must be at the castle at ten a.m first surgery starts at 12:30 Please add me to your prayer list.

dixiewildfire.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register