4 weeks - tummy still sensitive after hyst and tummy tuck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks - tummy still sensitive after hyst and tummy tuck 4 weeks - tummy still sensitive after hyst and tummy tuck

Unread 05-16-2005, 08:50 PM
4 weeks - tummy still sensitive after hyst and tummy tuck

I am 4 weeks today and my tummy has been very sensitive. I had a sunburned type feeling on my stomach and now the left side of my tummy only feels slightly sensitive, but the right side is still very sensitive. I think the right side is a little more swollen than the left, but that is the side I had the laparoscopy on to drain a cyst one week before my tah/bso. Anyone else experienced a little more swelling or sensitivity on one side than the other? It doesn't help that I am wearing this crazy abdominal brace b/c of the tummy tuck. It rubs my belly, but it feels uncomfortable not to wear it. My belly feels like it will fall to the floor if I don't have it on.
butterflygrl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2005, 09:57 PM

I am a little over 4 1/2 weeks. My tummy is still very tender and my left side seems to swell a little more than the right. I'm very tired of being sore. But it does seem to be getting better. Still waiting for my bladder to feel normal.

Hoping
TAH/BSO and bladder suspension, 39 yrs. old
Unread 05-16-2005, 11:15 PM

I agree with Hoping. My belly is still sore, but better. I know exactly what you mean by a "sunburned feeling". I still have that, too. I do notice that my right side is more sore than the left side. Wish I could have gotten a tummy tuck. Hang in there. you'll get better.
Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2005, 11:43 PM

My left side continually is sore and a little more swollen than the right side, especially at the end of the day. It seems that, now that I am able to "do" some things, I just 'hit a wall' at about 7 pm; pain and exhaustion.
Unread 05-17-2005, 03:51 AM

I had a radical hysterectomy and tummy tuck 2 weeks ago and am feeling better. I have to wear a special girdle and have the same feeling you described when I have it off. My belly feels like it's falling out. It feels so tight and swollen though. I haven't found much to eat either. I feel every bit of food going through my bowels and it hurts. The best way to describe it is that it's like
my stomach is a cinnamin bun, right under the surface of my skin, by my belly button, and big hamsters are crawling through. I have to do self catherization every four hours and am hoping to be normal with that soon...
My pathology report came back with great news. They got all of the cancer and it's not in the lymph nodes!!!
Unread 05-17-2005, 04:06 AM

Thats wonderful news Kellyeanne.
I'm 3 weeks tomorrow post op and I'm still tender, and I had to giggle at the tummy tuck too. My daughter suggested liposuction when I had my LAVH and I told her the doctor would have a fit if I asked for that, but it seems it can be done.
Keep smiling, it can only get better.
Unread 05-17-2005, 04:21 AM

I had lipo in my hips too, I forgot to mention that! I have lost 80+ lbs. on Atkins and things were a bit droopy. I'm just glad it's over.
Unread 05-17-2005, 04:33 AM
BINDERS

Hi all

I had my hyster two years ago, but had my TT in December!

Wearing the binder is the best thing. Although, if you find it is making you sweaty/itchy etc, the ladies in the States on the tummytuck site seem to recommend the following
http://www.spanx.com

Perhaps have a look and see. Unfortunately I could not try it as I live in South Africa.

Ps. As for being more sore on one side, my gynae at the time said it was because of the way they stick you up!! You more than likely have a double or tripple knot on that side and its pulled very tight.

However, please remember to consult your doc if you are unsure about anything.
Unread 05-17-2005, 05:27 AM

hi, I am 5 weeks out -TAH/BSO on 4/11. I have a numbness between belly button and incision but off to the sides I can feel. I would say closer to my incision it is more sensitive due to the nerve endings trying to heal after the surgery. I know this will take time. No real pain.

I don't really notice any additional swelling on one side over the other, I might get a little swelly towards evening, but not much (thank goodness).

I am still wondering if I will be able to get back into my jeans in 2 weeks when I go back to work.

Hope you continue to recover well.
Unread 05-17-2005, 07:27 AM
TT and TAH 11 months ago

My whole surgery thingy was almost 11 months ago. I did have more pain, more swelling on one side. I was even afraid that it would heal that way and that the doc made a mistake. He assured me that it would take about 4 months to see the results and 6 months to a year to completely recover. It really is the best thing I have done for myself.

I also had lost weight 55 pounds, and am a lot older than 35 , so that was never going to go away.

I was allowed to stop wearing the binder at 2 weeks post op, but still wore it some. You won't fall out-there are lots of stitches in there you can't see!

The numbness did not get better for many months, and some is still there-but I don't notice it anymore at all.

Happy Healing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register