Finally, A Diagnosis!! Pelvic Wall Myofascial Tension - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally, A Diagnosis!!  Pelvic Wall Myofascial Tension Finally, A Diagnosis!! Pelvic Wall Myofascial Tension

Unread 05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Finally, A Diagnosis!! Pelvic Wall Myofascial Tension

Stacy,
I'm sorry the PM doc wasn't more excited or hopeful. One thing I have learned thru my years on this place we call The Road is that one should never leave a stone unturned. We never know when or where we will find our answers and relief. If not for accupuncture I would probably not be sitting here typing this right now, I would be in bed wallowing in my misery. I do hope this new treatment will bring you some relief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 06:29 PM

Wow, Kim, I did acupuncture for quite a while and never got any relief from it. Maybe the gal I was seeing wasn't focusing in the right place. I also did something called moxibation or something like that. Its another Chinese method with cups that go on you and burn like cones of incense in the cups. Did that for awhile and no luck there either. And that guy combined it with acupuncture a few times to no avail. At least I know I can handle those needles and I'm not afraid of that anymore : )

I hear what you're saying about leaving no stone unturned. I felt like I had run out of stones, but I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough. I thought this was my last stone, but it was hiding another one underneath it! I pray this will be my answer. Don't get me wrong, I love everyone I've met on The Road, but if I had my choice I wouldn't choose to be a practicing member ; ) I'm glad and thankful we're all here together and we've found each other though, because I think it makes every one of us that much stronger.

Time to practice the exercises I haven't even been taught yet...LOL I won't let it get me down for now, I still have unchartered territory!
Unread 05-18-2005, 07:10 PM

I too would rather just be a member helping others out...not looking for answers myself. But like you said...it's a great thing that we have each other! I go to PT tomorrow and will ask how long treatment usually takes. I have gone for a month and have 4 more treatments set up. I can't believe your dr totally pooh-poohed the PT and said that it was something you would have to do for the rest of your life...how negative is that?!? My dr is so cool...have been telling her what other sisters have been trying as far as medication/treatments...and she's totally open, we decide the course together. She was telling me that I need to try to tell as many sisters who are having problems with this sort of pain to try and find a PT in their area...she cares about all of us...and she really believes that PT can help.

Tomorrow I go for my PT and then I Friday I go to my dr and get injections into the vaginal cuff Hopefully they will stop the nerve pain...we might even try injections into the muscles. I am soooo dreading it....but I am ready for a break from this pain!

We are definately pain buddies! Feel free to contact me any time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 07:34 PM

Well, he didn't really poo pooh it, he just didn't have the enthusiasm I was hoping for. He's hesitant to put all our hopes into one thing I guess. He's just being realistic truthfully. Don't get me wrong, I love him and he's great to work with, we talk through my treatment too. I don't know, maybe he's speaking from experience, but I want to prove him wrong and show him that this is what the problem is and that PT will make me better! I guess he's never been concerned that I had never been diagnosed before. He said my diagnosis was nerve sensitization. I guess it doesn't matter so much to him what's causing the pain, but rather getting the pain under control. He is a very nice and understanding guy, so I hope I didn't show him in the wrong light.

I guess the PT helping depends on what kind of PT is done. I did PT before, but they were acting like it was my abdomen that needed work. They would use ultrasound and other massaging methods. I'm sure they were feeling my scar tissue, and maybe doing something to break that up, but it never really did do me any good, and I got tired of going 3 times a week. I started to feel like my doc was just trying to get me in as much as possible for the money...who knows. But I feel with this specialized PT I stand more than half a chance of getting better. I hope I'm not putting to much hope into it, but geez, its just nice to have hope again, or like what Kim said, having another rock to turn over. Two years ago it seemed like I still had all these options, and since then its like I ran out, so having something to hope for again means the world. I know so much of this is attitude driven, and its hard to be positive when nothings doing any good. So, I'll try to be patient and see what happens. I won't know until I get started. I just hope I can bear the increased pain because I'm sure there will be some. But I hope before too long it will die down and start going away. Amen! How many sisters do we have who have pulled through to the other side with a pain free life? I would hope its happened before!

Well, dinner time. Thanks for the info and sharing what you've learned. Its invaluable!

Unread 05-18-2005, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by YoungAmericain
Two years ago it seemed like I still had all these options, and since then its like I ran out, so having something to hope for again means the world.
I can so relate to that comment Stacy! It's one of the reasons I continue with accupuncture, it gives me hope and I feel like at least I am doing something to try and get better. I've been thru all the tests, have had enough surgeries. What else is left? With the accupuncture I have a great doc who plays close attention to changes in my body and is there for me. Unfortunately I happen to be her most difficult case. But I still feel that we will get me better.

Unread 05-18-2005, 08:52 PM

Kim,

I can understand what you're saying by at least you're still doing something even though you don't know what else to do. I've had a lot of people comment on my persistence with this problem and I tell them what else can I do but try to get better and if there is an option I have to seek it because maybe it will finally be the one that does the trick.

Does your accupuncturist focus a lot on the foods you eat or you're body's reaction to different things it gets exposed to? Mine was so convinced my problem was what I ate, and I tried doing what she said but it never made any difference. I think she was milking me too, two and three visits a week for like 15 weeks or so. I really wanted it to work, and although it was very relaxing, it didn't really touch the pain. I wonder if I went back now and told them what I think is the problem if they would treat me any differently to make it better...I might have to look into that if PT doesn't work out. See, another stone!!

You keep doing, that's important. We can't give up even though sometimes we want to. Information and technology change every day, and tomorrow might be our day!

Take care!
Stacy
Unread 05-19-2005, 04:08 PM

Stacy,
I had already been diagnosed with lots of food allergies and we both know that food and me just don't seem to get along. We do both agree that there is a problem with my digestive system. But no, that is not her main focus. Her main focus when I go is based on my symptoms at the time. Not sure if that makes sense, but my symptoms can vary and she watches for changes in my body.

I really think that I lucked out when I found this gem of a doc. When she went to China for six weeks she had a fill in and the one treatment I had with him was awful! If that had been my first experience I probably wouldn't of went back.

My doc once told me that initially she would've liked to have seen me more often but realizes that that isn't always feasible. I used to go once a week, but since my insurance changed and I don't get reimbursed as much I now go every other week. My doc is fine with that, she never ever pushed me to see her more often. Oh, and she also gave me a deal in the beginning because my insurance would only cover up to a certain amount annually.

We're all different and accupuncture certainly isn't for everyone. It has helped me alot and I am very grateful for my doc. Between her and my Osteopathic doctor I at least feel that I have somewhere to turn and docs who listen and believe me.

I do hope the PT will work out for you. You will be in my ers.
Unread 05-20-2005, 11:35 AM

Kim,

Sounds like you do have a great doctor. You're lucky, that is so important and means so much. My insurance wouldn't pay for the accupuncture so I had to pay every time I went. I spent a lot of money on that and she had me taking herbs too. I never really felt like any of it made a difference to me nor did I feel any different after all of it. The only benefit I felt was really relaxed after the session, especially when they'd use the heat lamp on me. I'm glad its helping you though and that it gives you a feeling that you're still doing something to get yourself better. It gives you hope and that is so important!

Thank you for your prayers, they mean the world to me, especially now that I've had prayers answered! I never did get a call back regarding an appointment for the PT, so I called in this morning and left a message for the therapist. I'm hoping I'll get a call back later on today and will get an appointment very soon! In the meantime I'm asking some of the other gals about their exercises and am trying some of those. Hopefully these will eventually do me some good.

I'll keep you updated and let you know when I get my first appointment scheduled. I'm still very hopeful and am trying to be patient. Sometimes its hard though, especially when talking with those in my life who aren't so willing to be excited and hopeful. I know they just don't want me to get too excited and have high expectations to be let down, but geez... I know so much of our recovery is based on attitude, and now that mine is good again I want to keep it that way!!

Well, you take care and thanks for your ers. s
Stacy
Unread 05-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm On My Way...hopefully!

Hello my dear friends, I hope this post finds you all doing well and feeling good.

I just wanted to jump on really quick and let you know that I've FINALLY been scheduled for my first PT appointment! Its bright and early next Friday at 7:45 AM. They told me other than this that the first available appointment was in July. I just hope once she gets me started we can keep it going. Just seems that I'd be better off with continued treatment rather than sporadic so I'll hope for the best.

I know some of you wanted me to keep in touch and keep you informed about my progress. I'm hoping after a couple of visits I will have some good news to report, although I'm not really sure that will be enough to make a significant improvement. I'll continue being hopeful though!

s for everyone!

Stacy
Unread 05-26-2005, 01:48 PM

Stacy,

This is exciting! I hope the appointment goes well.

You probably will need to get into a routine of doing some exercises for life. That's not a negative, it just is.

My best friend has some problems with her neck and she has to keep up with the exercises she learned in PT or she gets spasms. So, she does them. Had she not gone to PT, guess what, she'd have spasms all the time and would be on muscle relaxers 24/7.

I am proud of you for taking this step. I hope it is the answer to resolving your pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register