Early, Early, Wed morn 18th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Early, Early, Wed morn 18th Early, Early, Wed morn 18th

Unread 05-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Red face - Early, Early, Wed morn 18th Early, Early, Wed morn 18th

Good Morning Ladies, took my ambien a long time ago and it hadnt kicked in so I thought I'd go to the kitchen and get a snack to take another drug that will put me to sleep, cant be on an empty stomach. Not bad, a slim fast optima bar, strawberry cheesecake. It was pretty good. As far as what is now yesterday,
I did pretty good on my food. Didnt have anything bad, and got my water in. Overall it was a good day!
Let's really encourage each other today! We can do this, I am sending , big smiles your way this day. :-) Good early morning to you Fran! Hope everyone has the best kind of day today! You are all the BEST! I will check in again later, I'm going to bed now. Take care, Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 04:38 AM
Early, Early, Wed morn 18th

Good morning!

Sharon I hope you finally got to sleep! It's such a bother when you toss and turn for whatever reason. I meant to suggest, by the way, that you write lots of letters to your DS while he is in "Recruit Training" as they called it in the USMC when my nephew was there. At his request I wrote him as often as I could, probably about every other day, and he said the letters made a huge difference. And he wrote back, too. That was nice! I hope your DS enjoys his new adventure and stays safe!

Melissa I read the article about your great great grandfather's headstone - did I get all the great's right? How interesting. And which side of the family is down here in NC?

Today I have to go to the dentist and then to get my hair cut and so I have a can of Atkins chocolate shake for breakfast and some plain yogurt for additional filler if I am still hungry. I left my lunch in the refrigerator at home, so I will probaby get a Subway wrap on my way back to work.

Last night the s and I took our nice walk. DH started to come with me, then his knee was really bad and he tried to take the older dog home with him. Uh uh, no way. I get to with both my dogs. We all need it, and I insisted. It was delightful and I look forward to walking every evening again - yay!!

Have a great day, the best ever,
Desk
Unread 05-18-2005, 05:22 AM

Wow, Desk & Sharon up so early! I hope everyone had a good night... I got up at 4AM and DS was still up from the night before -- he sleeps into the day, tho' so he's getting his 8 hrs... I told him he's like a baby -- needs to get his days'n'nights switched back around... At least I got about 5 contiguous hours of sleep -- the most I've had for awhile... Sleep is very important, and as we get on in our years-- ahem! -- it gets to be another of our "thangs" to work on! I find that there are just not enough hours in the day to get done what I have to do and want to do! (two different things, sometimes!).

Last night we had roasted chicken, baked sweet potatoes, asparagus, and arugula salad with sliced strawberries. I make an almost fat free dressing with rice vinegar, mustard, Splenda (instead of honey), curry powder, and a tiny bit of sesame oil. It is great on summer salads. Sounds strange with fruit, but it is yum! Lovin' the fresh berries that we're starting to get in the market -- and the price has gone down!

Today is meetings-plus at work - all day long! BUT the good news is that it is National Employee Fitness Week and we have a big walk/run event today at our fitness center at work! Good fun, I'm looking forward to it -- not my usual solitary jog, but jog with friends!

Today we should find out something about DS's plan for transplant. Monday was so long and overwhelming, but DS is feeling very up about the prospect. We are hoping for a good news plan. In the meantime it is pray pray pray. He is feeling better from the infection, and eating more, which is good.

Have a wonderful day, ya'll! to everyone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 05:37 AM

I'm up early to .No cheesecake Just wanted to say thank you for putting the verse at the bottom of your page . I really needed that today. I'm post going on four weeks and there has alot of stress going on in my life the last week.
Unread 05-18-2005, 06:02 AM

Good Morning Everyone! Today is a "get something done around here" day. I've got a lot to be done by next week at this time, and I just need to get at it. I'll go to Curves before I get started though, since I know if I put it off for afternoon, I'll find some reason not to go.
DH is out of town for the weekend, so my time is mine (at least until DD comes home to visit on Friday). I like that since I don't have to worry about meals. I have food on hand that I'll eat, and I don't have to do anything else.
It's getting lovely out now for my walks too. I love to listen to the birds and such while I'm out. Very relaxing.
I'll check back in later.
Have a BEST OP day everyone!
Unread 05-18-2005, 07:06 AM

Good Morning BESTers

Wow - lots of early birds today. It's lovely out here also - sunny and warming up nicely. Lots for me to do - just need a plan of where to start, lol.

Bkft: I had oatmeal again today w/1%milk and hot tea.
Lunch: Not sure - maybe I'll pick up a salad at WaWa. I need to grocery shop but can't till friday - pay day.
Dinner: it's up to DH. I'll be driving home thru rush hr traffic from Phila airport w/DD and her DBF. They are comming home from their trip to Bahamas.

My body feels like I was run over by that big truck you all heard rumbling by yesterday. Yep, that was me under those 18 wheeles. LOL My thighs hurt the worst. Boy can that "recess" then "butt, buns, & thighs" class can kill you. And she was actually easy they say. I did well in the class - it's just the after effects on my body I suppose. Wow - entire different muscle group than my cardio and excerise machines......something, lol. You'd never know I've been working out since January the way I feel.

Hi's to BlueBonnet, Nancy, Desk, Sharon (hope you slept), and Ellen. Hello's going out to the others to follow. I'd better get moving - I've made 6 business phone calls already, but need to get one more bathroom cleaned today - ACK ACK ACK - hate that job. I've rather spend the time in the sun opening the pool - maybe tomorrow.

Melissa
Unread 05-18-2005, 07:54 AM

Good morning ladies! Lovely day here again and I think DH and I will take a nice walk tonight. I have been OP but the scales still stay the same. I am frustrated beyond belief. One thing though is my biggest accomplishment........ I have conquered stress eating. After yesterday's phone call with my mom, I should have eaten everything in sight but I did not have a thing! Today she comes over for her B 12 shot.............thank God it is grocery day and my cupboards are bare.

Melissa, I'll take your family if you take my mom. Does your mom still make you feel like your 12?

s to Sharon and Ellen!

Emily
Unread 05-18-2005, 08:09 AM

Hi everyone

It's been busy few days, ran a retreat over the weekend, then went to a funeral down in Maryland on Monday, which pretty much took up the whole day from 5:15 am on. Yesterday I took someone for an endoscopy and was gone the whole morning, then a DR appt of my own (just a routine colonoscopy followup, nothing exciting).

But I'm expecting to be home all day today and other than a 2 pm appointment with a contractor, it looks like a "normal" day, whatever that means!

The weekend proved to be hard as far as staying OP is concerned, and I've been bad about exercise. Got back on track on Monday foodwise and I've been doing ok since then. Today I resumed my good ol' oatmeal breakfast and lunch is leftover turkey and salad and some fruit. I think dinner is pork chops. Already got my walk in today and will hopefully work out tonight.

Well, this was a nice break from work, which I'll now get back to. Take care--greetings to all who've posted, and to all who will today. Maybe I'll get back to write more tonight.

BTW, Nancy--are you still keeping up that walk every single day? What's the count up to?

See y'all later.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 05-18-2005, 09:13 AM

Hello again, yes I did finally go to sleep. Thank goodness! Been busy. We have already been to workout, grocery store, orthodontist, and drop off clothes at goodwill. Now back home to start working. B: early I ate 2 fig newtons with my coffee, a couple of hours later had some protein. I buy a biscuit and just eat the meat and egg. Lunch will probably be lite, some soup. Dinner: eat at the church tonite, bbq chicken. Yeah! no cooking tonite. We had burritos on low carb tortillas last night and I made a pot of chili, so tomorrow's supper is covered too. I need to do stuff like that more often.
Emily: that's a huge deal to resist stress eating. How did you do it? Great!!!
Hello to Desk, Melissa, Marl,Ellen, Nancy,Bluebonnet...Hope each of you have a good day! Sharon
Unread 05-18-2005, 09:46 AM

Good Afternoon!

Had a busy day today, Had a busy morning, busy day in work, then I went to a friend's house, for a chinese meal banquet that she'd made ~ pork on cocktail sticks to be dipped in hoi sin sauce, rice with veggies, with chicken in blackbean auce, chicken and pineapple with cashews, crispy chilli beef, and another chicken dish with a different yummy sauce!
So, not a very OP lunch, and its getting on for 5pm, and I'm still stuffed, so I don't know if and when I'll be eating again this evening!
No exercise today, other than up and downstairs like a yoyo in work, also a walk with doggies later on.

Gotta go, eldest DD is breathing down my neck for the computer! I will try and catch up later!

Catch you later!!!!! Hope you all have a great day!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register