I'm official!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm official!! I'm official!!

Unread 05-18-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm official!!

Saw the dr. today. He wanted to know why I waited so long. And I don't have near the problems some of you have. Anyway, he thinks I have andeo. , he saw it when he did the internal ultrasound. He will remove the uterus and the cervix. Will not touch the ovaries, they are fine didn't even give me the option. Ok. Whatever.
He's surprised I don't have terrible cramps or pain during sex. My poor friend has been dealing with these problems for years and her dr. wouldn't do a hyst. Said she doesn't need it. She sees new dr. on Friday. Anyway , I'm just excited that I'm a go for surgery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm official!!

Hi There!

As the saying goes, "It sounds like a plan!"

Please do us a favor and "edit your profile" to include your surgery date and type. That way, you can be included in the Best Wishes thread for that day!

Best wishes for a successful surgery and uncomplicated recovery!
Unread 05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm official!!

Thanks, I had to edit 3 times before it took. Figured out to unclick a box finally. I better not say what type of surgery because it looks like I may be confused on what it is going by another thread I was on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 09:15 PM
cervix?

I'm contemplating the same procedure... I had to have the MRI to confirm the adenomyosis and I'm seeing the Dr. tomorrow to discuss my options.

If you don't mind sharing, what made you decide to take the cervix? I've been reading up on it like crazy and I'm looking for all points of view before I go in tomorrow.

Anything you know would be helpful.
Thanks,
Evy
Unread 05-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm official!!

I wasn't going to until he said whatever I wanted. He said it is possible to have a 3 or 4 day mini period, enough for a couple of panty liners each day and I said ,Take It! I made sure it wouldn't effect the support of the vaginal wall , he said it wouldn't . He said it won't do anything at all if you keep it or not. Mini periods are possible with it and you keep having paps. Without it neither. I just decided to let him have it!
Unread 05-19-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm official!!

Hi*Ya'll,
My first surgeon wanted to leave the cervix in because it would support the other organs but I didn't want it left in because of possibly having to have it taken out later and when I had to get another surgeon he told me that he would take the cervix out too and then he said "unless you are attached to it some how"
I said "NO, I DON'T THINK SO! Take it out, take it all out". I did ask him if taking it would cause problems with the other organs and he said no, he said he would tack everything in place. I too like the idea of no more mini periods or periods at all and no more Pap smears
Debbie
Unread 05-19-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm official!!

Hope I can but in on this conversation

I too got the same talk Hi*Yall did today.

Haven't fully decided on keeping the cervix yet... but leaning toward loosing it.

My decission is being based on the fact I am one of those women who may not be able to get to the doctor on a yearly basis for their pap. Not to mention I read somewhere that in order to be a good candidate for keeping your cervix you should have 3 clean paps in a row.

I couldn't get to the doctor for the past 3 years to have even a cold checked out due to caregiving duties for my husband. So I was thinking it might be a good idea for it to go being as I can not gaurantee being able to get to the doctor as I should.

The only thing my doctor told me is she didn't like the idea of doing any kind of Laproscopic Hysterectomy due to my IC. She was afraid of nicking the bladder and causing me more discomfort there. She was also concerned with the fact that I have PID. And didn't relish the idea of spreading that around the inside of me. So I have opted for a TAH/BSO.

I know it requires more recovery time, but have things ready for that.

Ces
Unread 05-19-2005, 09:20 AM
maybe I"m shallow

Wow, you all have good reasons for taking the cervix. It makes sense. Now I'm soooooo confused.

Have any of your doctors talked about sexual function after taking the cervix? Some of the stuff I've read says keeping it gives you less chance of problems (like not wanting it or dryness) afterward. I think I'm most afraid of that. The pain goes away eventually, but not wanting intimacy is a scary thought.

So many questions, so little time.
Unread 05-19-2005, 09:33 AM
I'm official!!

My doctor didn't say much to me about sexual disfunction.

It is the least of my concerns. I have never been big on sex anyway. Probably because part of the time it hurt. That said that might change with everything gone and being pain free.

But I also have a husband who has health issues and for the past 3 years it has been something that was done on a "I need relief" from him. He physically can't do much being paralized on the left side.

I am hoping that what I have read is true that it is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ces.
Unread 05-19-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm official!!

Hi Cespos.
I have a wonderful wonderful husband but he has physical problems too and sex is not a big issue for him. When we first got married it was a problem but for the last 3 years since I have had pain and everything that goes along with fibroids it is not as big a problem as it use to be and I am glad.

That is not necessarily why I wanted the cervix to be removed and I am not even saying that having the cervix removed would cause me to be less interested because I wouldn't know that until I try it out(if you know what I mean)

I think the biggest motivating factor for me is that if I am going to have a TAH I don't want anything left in there(hyster related) that could cause me to have another operation later. If one or both of the ovaries were not going to be removed then I would have to reconsider but that is not my condition. If in the long run it causes me to be less interested in sex, under my circumstances that would not be such a bad thing.
Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register