Recovery time for SAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery time for SAH Recovery time for SAH

Unread 05-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Recovery time for SAH

I am scheduled for a SAH on June 13 (removing uterus only) and would like to take one Math Class which is on Mon, Wed, and Friday starting on June 27. The hours are 8:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. for four weeks. Does anyone think I will be ready for the class or should I sit this one out?

While I know this is a more serious surgery, I have had several laps and always bounced back within 3 to 4 days.

Please let me know, all advice is truly appreciated. I need to register for the class by next Monday.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2005, 06:05 AM
Recovery time for SAH

you mean as a student?

From my own personal experience I would have been fine as long as there wasn't too much walking from the carpark to the classroom (I was happy driving at 10 days)

I expect you would feel tired afterwards - but you have a day inbetween to do nothing.

What sort of shape are you in now, as this has some bearing on how quick your recovery will be.
Unread 05-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Recovery time for SAH

Personally, there's no way I would have mentally or physically been able to handle a math class at three weeks (I am math-challenged). My doctor wouldn't even let me drive for most of that until my incision had a chance to heal. At three weeks, I was up for an hour or two outing, then back home and crash on the couch. I did have more energy every other day or so, so I had to time activities to fit that kind of schedule. I don't think I'd have been comfortable sitting at a desk and trying to concentrate at that time in my recovery. If you look at the post-op boards, you'll see that many of us experience a brain fog and lack of concentration for a few weeks.

Maybe you could speak with the instructor before the class starts and let them know what's going on? I would think the first week or two would be difficult, but after that you should be ok as you get used to the activity. Also, check with your school. Maybe you can try it out and then switch to an audit situation if it looks like you'll have troubles.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Recovery time for SAH

I think I am pretty good shape. I workout 3 times a week aerobics and strength training. Also, I was basing this on the fact that each time I had a lap. I bounced back pretty fast. I even had surgery for a tubal pregnancy in November and was back to work in a week and a half.

However, I realize this is major surgery so I just wanted the advice from everyone that has already been down this road. Maybe taking a class is not such a good idea.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register