Bloating.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Bloating..

HI,

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. I was diagnosed with lemon sized fibroids in my Uterus about 2 weeks ago thru an MRI that I had for something else. Basically by accident. Well.. I went to my OB and he did a pelvic and an Ultrasound and said "Yup.. you have a few in there.." and he started to go over my options.. I chose the Hyst since I have abnormal paps anyway. Well.. pretty much the only symptoms that I have had before this diagnosis was: my pant size went up 2 sizes in the past 5 months and cramping around my period (never had it b4). Well in the last 2 weeks I have gone up in size more!!! And I have cramps all the time and I feel like I have to walk hunched over cause my tummy is all cramped up. I know from the MRI that my bladder is all squished up and that explains my constant trips to the bathroom.. but what is this sudden bloating??? Anyone else have this? I am scheduled for a LAVH on the 27th of this month.. and have called the Medical Assistant about 4x and left msg's.. but they arent calling me back. Dunno why.. so I figured I'd just wait till Tues when I have my Pre-Op and talk to her then.. but do any of you have this prob?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Bloating..

Hi!

I'm sorry you are experiencing bloating. I don't have an answer for you but at least you have your pre-op soon and hopefully, you will get an answer.

I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery!

s

Deb
Unread 05-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Lots of bloating

I have fibroids and get bloated all the time. In the last month Ive gone up two pants sizes. Some days my tummy is so small then others I look like Im 5 mths. I started out a size 00 two years ago now Im a size 6. Its just one of those things. I wish i could sugest something to help but as of yet i havent found anything. The only thing that keeps me from buying lots of clothes in different sizes it to wear prego pant. Sorry i couldnt help but i wanted to let you know that I know how you feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Bloating..

Thanks for the reply.. I know there has to be more of us.. I am not that Unique!
Unread 06-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Bloating..

I'm struggling with it too! And thank heavens for draw-string waist pants!

Initially the ultrasound showed several fibroids, an ovarian cyst and a polyp. After a hysteroscopy and D&C, it turned out to be several large polyps, a funky endometrium, but no fibroids.

With all the bloating, though I'm wondering what the doc. will find when she does the LAVH.

Although I wouldn't wish this on anyone, there is some comfort knowing that I am not alone! Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register