Cleaning out Aunt Flo's things... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cleaning out Aunt Flo's things... Cleaning out Aunt Flo's things...

Unread 05-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Cleaning out Aunt Flo's things...

I have the mother load of humungus size pads (you know the ones that go from front to back,,they give them to you after you've had a baby) and mass quantities of tampons. I've decided that since I can't seem to give them to anyone who can use them, I'm going to have me a celebration bon fire this weekend. WhooHoo I'm gonna do a happy dance...okay more of a happy limp but close enough!!!
Anyone else with a last hurrah?
Penny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2005, 01:20 PM

Have you checked out donating them to a women's shelter? I'm sure they would be thrilled to get them!
Unread 05-20-2005, 01:25 PM

You're so funny. I was planning to do exactly that. We have a chimminea (sp) in the back yard. I was going to burn all mine!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2005, 01:30 PM

I am saving mine for any visitor I may get that are still in need! We have two daughter that visit regularily....I am sure the need will arise!
Unread 05-20-2005, 01:49 PM

I gave mine to a local women's shelter. They were so grateful. When I started cleaning out all my places where I had them it was unbelievable how much I had of pads and such. I ended up with a 32 gallon garbage bag full of them. All sizes and thicknesses. I had them for every possible situation. The shelter was happy to get them and was happy to get them out of my life. Life is so wonderful now. It's like I'm just starting to live. I was sick for so long.
Unread 05-20-2005, 02:46 PM

I've seen it mentioned here that some gals have post-op drainage - you may want to wait until sometime further into recovery before you get rid of "EVERYthing". I had drainage just past the 2 week mark when a hematoma decided to let go.

Also, with the self-adhesive pads, some gals use them to protect their incision from seams and bumps and zippers in their clothing, just stick them inside your panties at the appropriate cross-tummy position.

I didn't want to make Christmas angel ornaments out of my leftover tampons in various sizes, (yes, I have seen that arts & crafts page, also the one with making slippers out of unused pads) so I brought my partial boxes to work and left them in a drawer of the Ladies' room that is accessible to the public in our office building. I just put a note in the drawer that said "In Case of Emergency - Help Yourself". It's been a year since I did that, and there are still half a dozen in the drawer, but most of them are gone.
Unread 05-20-2005, 07:55 PM

Great idea to use them as a "bumper" around the incision site. Hadn't thought of that. I have kept a few for after the surgey. I'm still not quite ready to believe that is going to be all over.
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:01 PM
u wotn beleive this one,lol

well ladies you will never guess what my coworkers did today for me,lol,it is hysterical,,,they threw a PMS/best wishes dana party,,,,ok listen to what they did...a girl made name tags out of panty liners,one girl made a tampon tree,(somethign like the easter egg trees they have at easter time,lol... they had a bowl of all kinds of goodies,potatoe chips ,chocolate,ext... then another gal had a cake the looked liek a pad and then ahd candy on it shped like tampns,lol....... it was the most talked about department in the hospital today,lol(and finally it was in good nature),lol....... oh yeah one girl made sandals out of pads,lol,,,we ahd a FEW laughs today,,,,well that is how my send of party went..... best of luck ladies
Unread 05-20-2005, 10:57 PM

That is so funny that this is brought up. I just gave away my left over tampons to my mother-in-law. She is still getting periods. I'm keeping the pads for after surgery.
Unread 05-20-2005, 11:15 PM

Thinking of wrapping up bundles of tampons in bows and handing them out to a few friends / family members of mine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register