The Chronicles of Narnia - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Chronicles of Narnia The Chronicles of Narnia

Unread 12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
The Chronicles of Narnia

Obviously I am going to have to see this movie now because I had Lucy & Susan confused . Thanks for the heads up Marian Paroo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2005, 03:42 PM
The Chronicles of Narnia

I'm going to go see this tonight with my DBF! I can't wait! I'll let you know how it turns out (so far, everyone I know who have seen it love it!)
Unread 12-12-2005, 10:55 PM
The Chronicles of Narnia

There are posters for this in all the book stores and one of the main drags of Tel Aviv.

But polar bears?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2005, 11:56 PM
The Chronicles of Narnia

Okay, I just got home from the movie, and I must say that it is excellent!!! It's very, very true to the book, and any small changes (the river scene) just blended right in to the story.

And just for those who were wondering, Lucy's character wasn't changed in any way at all. Every thing that happened in the book happened in the movie.

I highly recommend this movie. You will NOT be disappointed! In fact, I'm going back to see it with my son this weekend. It was well worth the months of anticipation and waiting.

s to all,

Lisa
Unread 12-13-2005, 12:08 PM
The Chronicles of Narnia

I saw it last night also. It is wonderful. Any changes from the book do not change the story in any way. Don't leave as soon as the credits start, there is one more scene.

Jane
Unread 12-19-2005, 01:09 AM
The Chronicles of Narnia

I just saw it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. It might be too intense for young (under 6?) children but mine (12 and 16 and both had read the book in elementary school) loved it. In fact, my 12 year old sat there whispering to me about all the little clues and messages in the story; it'd been so long since I read the book I had almost no recollection of it at all. Fascinating movie!

-Linda
Unread 12-19-2005, 01:47 AM
The Chronicles of Narnia

Thanks ladies! My kids devoured these books many times as little ones--I don't know if they have seen the movie. I'm sure they would love it. DD used to play "try to impress the libriarian" by reading above her age level and it gave her quite a range of interests and knowlege. (As a bonus the PTA sent her a check for $100 which just blows the mind of any 9 year old!) I guess the librarian WAS impressed. You ladies are all just fabulous!
Unread 01-07-2006, 07:44 AM
The Chronicles of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmberg
I saw it last night also. It is wonderful. Any changes from the book do not change the story in any way. Don't leave as soon as the credits start, there is one more scene.

Jane
Saw it last night -- and what a scene!

That ought to put an end to the argument about reading book 6 first!

I loved the beavers, esp. the added British working class dialogue, which I suppose was there to keep the adults from getting bored, but how they could get bored was beyond me.
Unread 01-07-2006, 12:37 PM
The Chronicles of Narnia

Well, I too saw it last night (finally! ) and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't see huge changes in Lucy's character at all; throughout her integrity and faith was the strongest of them all.

Loved Tilda Swinton -- she was the best. But I definitely agree that this was too intense all the way around for younger kids; there were a few of them in the theater and one family had to leave entirely. Even my (rather sophisticated and "tough") ten-year-old DD covered her eyes for a couple of scenes!

BTW, she felt that the Harry Potter movie was a better movie -- just her humble opinion; we've not seen it yet...

Thanks, Marian, for renewing this thread today! Your timing could not have been better -- I was going to go looking for it this morning anyway to post. BTW, your prime minister is in my ers...

Audrey
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
The Chronicles of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey S.
Well, I too saw it last night (finally! ) and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't see huge changes in Lucy's character at all; throughout her integrity and faith was the strongest of them all.

Loved Tilda Swinton -- she was the best. But I definitely agree that this was too intense all the way around for younger kids; there were a few of them in the theater and one family had to leave entirely. Even my (rather sophisticated and "tough") ten-year-old DD covered her eyes for a couple of scenes!

BTW, she felt that the Harry Potter movie was a better movie -- just her humble opinion; we've not seen it yet...

Thanks, Marian, for renewing this thread today! Your timing could not have been better -- I was going to go looking for it this morning anyway to post. BTW, your prime minister is in my ers...

Audrey
-----------------------------------------------------------
Audrey --

I liked the way the foreshadowed Susan's future character, pushy and a bit of a whine.

The WWII background, the train station scene, background music was very will done.

I do think the professor was too old, though. He sould have only have been about 60, according to the way I, and some of the Narnia researchers, have figured it.

The theater was packed - it was a nondubbed version, 10 p.m. Friday night.

I would have loved to discuss the film with strangers coming out. Until recently, very lilttle was taught about other religions (in the historical/cultural sense) in school. When I did my BA in English Language and Literature the lectures had to start from scratch minus for Paradise Lost.

Thank you for your wishes for our PM.

-- Marian

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register