Hysterectomy humor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy humor Hysterectomy humor

Unread 05-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Hysterectomy humor

I'm two days from surgery and my 10 year old daughter came home from school today and told me that during her gym class the girls had to learn about "girl stuff". Had to laugh. I asked her if she learned what to do with a pad and she said I don't want to talk about That...I don't have it ... She acted like it was poison to talk about!!!! I just thought it was funny I'm getting rid of my tampons and pads ands she's learning how to use them.
Penny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Hysterectomy humor

It seems to be a frequent common thread here, that women are surgically ending their relationship with Aunt Flo just as the old biddy is taking up with their daughters. Ironic, for sure!

My oldest is 25 this year. Because of the things I told her before my surgery when she asked me "Why??"... now she's noticing clots, etc., and asking questions. When I think about it, I probably had the symptoms for YEARS before I knew there was anything to do about them. At least she can be in dialogue with her GYN so that she can look after her health better than I did.

I also can think back to when I was horrified at the idea of a tampon, and how I thought the pads were a lot like diapers. Of course, in my day, you had to wear a belt with your pad which didn't help much in the discretion department. Also, it was a brief time when fishnet hose were popular, but they had to be worn with a garter belt... so it was possible on certain days to get really tangled up if you didn't dress carefully!
Unread 05-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Hysterectomy humor

I hope you use this time to your advantage being as she is learning about all this stuff....

Talk about perfect timing... she may understand what your going through a bit better now.....

It is cute though that she is learning about them while your getting rid of them.

Ces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Hysterectomy humor

I have the same issue. My 10 year old daughter and I have talked about this a lot lately, one, because she has a friend that is 9 and has already started her period. I have a very open relationship with my daughter. I also want her to understand what I've gone through for 17 years and I'm hoping to end a lot of the pain and grumpiness ;o)
Unread 05-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Hysterectomy humor

Same here, my 11 year old just had her first "personal relations class" at school. I feel lucky that she still turns away and screams "yuck" during the kissy scenes on TV. I know she won't be this way for long so I am enjoying it while it lasts.
Unread 05-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Hysterectomy humor

My ten year old got the sex talk from us a couple months ago. It was hysterical - I thought she was going to throw up - and we were just covering the basics!

Today she asked me why I wasn't going to be able to coook, clean, etc. after the surgery, it just didn't make sense to her. I said, Hon, they are cutting mommy open and REMOVING things and sewing things back together, etc, etc. She said, 'They aren't just taking it out of a hole somewhere? I don't know what in the world hole she was imagining! I said no, they were MAKING a hole. The color drained out of her face a little and she went, "EW - OK I get it.".. Too funny.

She is feeling very informed and grown up right now (driving me a little crazy, actually). She made a point of repeatedly asking me yesterday, "Mom - you still having cramps?". Like she knew first hand what I was going through (she doesn't). Man this is an irritating stage!

Jo
Unread 05-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Hysterectomy humor

Oh I Know....My 10 year has been learning a school all about female parts. She had one of her papers and then asked me if that is what the DR is taking out of me. If sounds funny when she says, "Uterus". But I think she has a much better understanding about what Mommy is about to go through. My 15 year old daughter is worried that she might have the same problems. I tried to reassure her that maybe by then they will have better remedies, or maybe she won't have them at all.
Unread 05-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Hysterectomy humor

My daughter is 21. She came home to take care of me the first couple of days and was totally grossed out over the entire thing. I had to send her to Wal-Mart for stool softener and she wanted to know what it was for. Then wasn't happy she'd asked when I told her. A couple weeks later I asked her to pick up a prescription at the store. She came home and asked what it was for - it was estrogen cream. Her comment was "When am I going to learn to stop asking questions when I don't want to hear the answers".
Ashley
Unread 05-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Hysterectomy humor

JoRaeMi - You're right...10 going on 30 is darned difficult to live with. A former schoolmate of mine posted on our alma mater's message board that he has a 13 year old about to "die of make-up poisoning...as in, if she puts on any more make-up I'm going to poison her!"

Having raised 2 daughters (mine are almost 25 and 20) I remember how difficult the early teen years were - and how much I miss those times, too. The door is so open to be really close as they become women...and sometimes it takes walking on eggshells to keep from having it slammed in our face.

ashley - Your 21 yr old and my 25 yr old must be soul twins. She asked a few questions about how my surgery was going to be performed and got very concerned about what my ovaries would still be attached to afterward. I started to explain it to her and she said "If you tell me any more I'm hanging up this phone immediately!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register