an end to my dance?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

an end to my dance?? an end to my dance??

Unread 05-23-2005, 04:07 PM
an end to my dance??

august 6, 2001, i was diagnosed with cervical cancer...hysterectomy along with removing ovaries, radiation and chemo...have had my regular check ups, blood work, ct scans, pap smears, everything has been fine...until now...had my yearly pap smear 2 weeks ago and a call from the nurse, which i knew wouldn't be good...the paps is not normal, adnormal cells and possible lesion is in the notes...my dr. is sending me to another onocologist who has seen alot of radiated vaginas, and seems to think this might be the reason for the abnormality...they said if it had been anyone else, they would have let it go for 6 months then do another paps, but with someone with my history, they don't want to wait...they really don't know if this is cancer or just cells that have changed because of all the radiation damage...the dr. also said that i have alot of scarring and adhesions in the vagina that could play a part in this too...???? will be seeing this new dr. at the end of the week...he's suppose to take one look and be able to tell...i'm not totally freaked out yet, just not sure what to think...what do you think?

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2005, 04:36 PM
OK to be nervous

At this point, I'd be nervous too. That's normal. Are you being referred to a gynecologic oncologist? That's who you should be seeing if there's suspect cancer, possibly recurrence. If not, it would be good to have a consult.

One thing I will say for your Dr. is that he/she realizes someon else could needed on your case and that he/she is doing the referral. Thath's good.
Unread 05-23-2005, 04:38 PM
an end to my dance??

Barnsweetie,

Please check out my post regarding my recent colposcopy and the one I just responded to (Gio's) post.

I have been a whirling dervish/dog with a bone.... in regards to my search for answers about my 'lgsil' results.

My ONC and GYN would be thrilled if I 'only' had abnormal or atypical results. Neither one would be worried!!!

Anyhow, another sister responded to my post who has had radiation and provides a reason for her continued abnormal responses.

What they are looking for, in recurrent cancer ..would be the same cells as my original EC. And, that would be glandular/adeno cells. My skewed results are squamous cell ( go figure!)

Anyhow, If I was a betting woman, I'd say your odds are REAL good that your pap result is based on radiation scaring and perhaps more vaginal atrophy due to the affects of lack of estrogen??? I don't know for sure...but, from everything I've read, it sounds like this is the case.

However, of course....have all the tests you need, investigate. Always important where cancer is concerned.

I'm thinkin' real positive here.......

I'm sorry you are so stressed....but, isn't it always the case when we face that fear again. I don't think anyone can come close to understanding unless they have been there.

gentle thoughts,

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2005, 08:03 PM
an end to my dance??

Hey there. I just wanted to say hi and that I'm hoping it's just radiation changes. All your horses and animals need you to stay healthy. They won't let you get a recurrence. Animals can lower my blood pressure just by being so sweet and comforting. I know you'll be fine!
Unread 05-23-2005, 08:56 PM
an end to my dance??

thank you for your positive answers...i already feel less stressed...

margaret, yes it is an o. g. that i've been referred to...my ob/gyn who did my surgery has done the referral...even my primary cancer dr says this guy needs to be the one who is checking this out...i am very fortunate to have such wonderful people taking care of me...read all your posts, even though i don't respond much...have been keeping up with your progress

la, good to hear from you...actually, you're right, my pets would have it tough without me watching over them...lol...had 2 new baby calves this weekend...they do help with stress relief along with ya'll

baylee, thanks for your input and your upbeat message...i appreciate it so very much...i'll keep ya'll informed

thanks ya'll, i'll sleep much better
nite, nite
Unread 05-23-2005, 09:12 PM
an end to my dance??

(((Tammy))))

Just my here, but I'm betting it's just normal changes in that area due to the radiation.

Keep thinking those positive thoughts......

Unread 05-24-2005, 07:04 AM
an end to my dance??

Hi ((Tammy))
I'll put my wagering on "normal changes" too just based on what I have read thus far.

I know what several of you mean real the comfort animals can provide and feel blessed to know that. I consider them among God's "angels" here on earth to help us on this journey.

Pls, let us know how you do Tammy and try to keep up a positive attitude. Will keep you in .

s, peggiesue
Unread 05-24-2005, 09:13 AM
an end to my dance??

Here's what my med onc says to me when I start freaking out about tests that come back abnormal, even if it's not cancer related: "You may be many things, my dear, but you will never be completely normal" in this jokey way that gets me a little less nervous.

I had atypical cells in my pap three months ago and am now awaiting this newest one. They had three doctors look at it and determined they were just changes due to radiation. I'm hoping there's some benign answer for you, too!
Unread 05-24-2005, 12:30 PM
an end to my dance??

((((Tammy))))

When I saw your post it really made me sit up. You are a longtime survivor of cervical cancer whom I always think of with hope when feeling worried or scared. This simply can't be a reccurance and I echo what the others have said. Radiation nukes the pelvis in a big way. I'm at the beginning of all of this and being told that radiation damage causes all sorts of unecessary changes and also worry.

It sounds like you have a great doctor who is leaving no stone unturned. The fact you have a lot of adhesions and radiation damage is hopefully what is causing this.

I'll be thinking of you on Friday.

Love
Kayla
Unread 05-24-2005, 02:07 PM
i have my appointment scheduled

i am boo hooing like a blubbering idiot right now...(smiling between the tears) lol

i appreciate ya'll so much...the nurse just called me with my appointment, june 1 at 2:45...i am very anxious about getting this over with...i am feeling well, no real problems except for that test result...

they have all my records from both my oncologist and my ob/gyn so they should know pretty much my situation when i get down there...

kayla, it was such a shock to me when i had this bad report after all this time of nothing but good things happening...i have had problems intestinally because of radiation damage and i'm hoping that this is what's going on now

241, my doctors are comedians too...they are always telling me a joke or just sitting across from me listening to me like a therapist...i know they all think i'm a hoot, i guess i kinda am...lol

i'm a very strong middle aged cowgirl who can deal with things pretty well...this has been a slap in the face though and all i can do is wait and see...

will go feed the cows tonite and count calves and drink a beer or two, pray some more and chill out...with friends like ya'll, i wish you were going out to the farm with me...thanks again and i'll keep in touch

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register