Sex offenders in MY area! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex offenders in MY area! Sex offenders in MY area!

Unread 05-27-2005, 02:16 PM
sex offenders closer than we think

When I was in fifth grade my best friend all of a sudden was not in school anymore. I then got called to the local sheriffs office to be questioned about her dad. He had been using her as his "wife" for the last atleast year! Apparently he also managed to get a few of my other friends while they were over there at her house playing. I know exactly what can happen. I am strict with my girls. I don't care how old they are. One will be 4 tomorrow and my older one is only 6. They will stay with me in stores and as for the yard I am watching them now clsoer than I did before. Yes my hubby does look at me like I am stalking my own kids. But atleast my children are safe and will be home tonight and everynight here on. These are not only our children, but the future. Can we honestly say that we are willing to take that chance? I am not. I fought like hell to get them here because of some problems and I am not loosing them now.
That friends dad that I mentioned is out of prison he only did 6 years. He is still living in my home town. Plus her younger brother is now on the list with 2 charges of offending against little boys. This world is so sick and it is getting worse. Her other brother is being watched with the rumors floating that he is behaving like that too. I also know that there is one registered that lives one block away from my mom! That is too close for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Sex offenders in MY area!

Penguin,

I know all to well what you mean,.... my DH thinks I can be waaaay too over-protective, too, sometimes. I'm sure plenty of others think that about me, too, but I don't care. I have good reasons, and unless someone has specifically been in a situation like that themselves,.. they can't quite get it, and then look at you like you're nuts. We can't fault them for not understanding where we come from, but I just wish they didn't fault us for caring soooooo much. All we want is to keep our children SAFE. What is so nuts about that? I guess somebody better call Planters, because if the way we feel classifies us as 'nuts' then I think we have a whole can full right here in this thread. Okay, that was corny.

I also can relate to your comment though about it taking so much just to HAVE these children, too, and then feeling all the MORE strongly about not letting anything happen to them,.... I went through a lot to have mine, too, so I definitely feel what you're saying. I'm not trying to promote more of my writing, but I do like to share,.. I have another poem posted that I listed last week, called Six Little Angels, and it deals with that subject. Anyway, not promoting, but writing is a passion for me, and has also proven to be very therapeutic for me as well. It always means a lot if I'm able to touch someone else in the process.

God bless,.... hang in there, stay grounded in your beliefs,.. none of us are wrong for how we feel about this. It is a scary world out there, and we do need to fight to keep our kids safe.... it's one more primary reason that I homeschool, too. I even have a poem about THAT,.. it's not posted though. I didn't want to overwhelm the boards with too many of my works, and have anyone get upset with me.

Unread 06-01-2005, 10:58 AM
sex offenders in my area as well

i live in a rural county..and we have something like 47 known registered offenders in this county. I also am a survivor, and I am anal about keeping my kids safe. I was sexually abused as a child...I am not taking any chances with my daughter and 3 sons. I know how the abuse has affected my life, and I don't want anyone to ruin my kids life as mine has been affected in almost every way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 09:14 PM

I too checked our state's sex offender website at least a year ago, and was surprised to find so many in our small rural area. Even more surprised when I started a new job and one walked in the shift after mine. But I have a particular sex offender that we really worry about. My stepson's grandfather is a registered sex offender, after molesting his own children 10-20 years ago. His kids are still messed up, including the one my DH was married to for 5 months in 1993. She once during sex told him he wasn't as good as her father!!!! No wonder the marriage only lasted 5 months. Anyway, we've asked his son (my stepson) if he ever visits his Grandpa alone. He says yes, and his mother seems to think there's nothing to worry about! We're very concerned, we recently found out that my stepson has been going to counseling because "he's so angry", but we're not told more. I'm even thinking of contact the state on the number that in the sex offender website and ask whether he's supposed to be allowed to have visits unsupervised. He's no longer on probation, but he's required to register for the rest of his life.
Unread 06-21-2005, 06:53 PM
sex offenders

That girl that I posted about earlier, I found out that she now has 4 kids. I know that atleast two of them are girls. I am not sure of their ages. But I do know that a few years ago when I saw her she made the comment that her girls who were about 3 and 2 at the time were going to stay with her mom and dad for the night! I just looked at her and all she said was that her dad has "changed". I dont care what she thinks. I don't think people like that can change? I am still not taking chances with my girls. That to me is neglect. If you know that person is like that why risk it?
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:00 AM

What amazes me is that we seem to think just identifying these perverts is enough, what about punishment for life, as they clearly ruin lives with their sicknesses. I have gotten so militant about this that I told my husband, "We call ourselves civilized, what civilized nation would ignore/seemingly condone with such "easy punishments" crimes perpetuated on women and children?", " The problem here is that all it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Our husbands and fathers don't seem too interested in putting an end to this as they should be leading by example, and many men (and lots of young men) feel sex is an entitlement to their gender, irregardless of the age or consent of their victims. Sorry ladies you got me on my soapbox on this one, but I will check the site for offenders in my area especially as you have shown me just how many can be in a small area.
Unread 07-12-2005, 07:11 AM

I am interested in this website. I live in georgia. I tried sexoffendersregistry in google and internet explorer to no avail. I also tried gasexoffenders.com. Does anyone know how to get to that site in georgia. Is there a charge etc? Thanks
Unread 07-26-2005, 08:09 PM

Hi Ladies, You know , I had this conversation with an Aunt years ago. We came to the conclusion that there have been SICK <Oops! Please don't try to override the website censor.> on this earth forever!! The matter of the fact is NOONE EVER TALKED ABOUT IT!! This stuff was going on 60+ years ago in the small town I grew up in !! A small farm town!! It was always either overlooked, accepted or just plain swept under the rug!! The abuse that went on in my little town was and is inconsevable! But it was always there!! There was one abuser who actually became a selectman for the town!!Totaly SICK!! We can only try to educate our children, and warn them of the posabilitys! It is very frighting for sure!! Just wanted to share. Netty
Unread 07-27-2005, 03:16 PM

Georgiegirlnow - In Indiana we have what's called Zachary's Law, which is the law requiring that the list be made public. Our website is called the Indiana Sex and Violent Offender Registry. You might try searching for something like that in your area. Good luck!
Unread 07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Don't panic

I'll give you a perfect example of how this is being abused.

A 18 year old male is dating a 15 year old female. They have been dating for 1 year and they have been having sex. They brake up and the boy has a new girl friend. The former girlfriend reports to someone they have been having sex and all of a sudden the boy is charged with sexual assault.

Any "hard core" sex offender is going to be watched real close by his/her probation officer. (Yes, there are female sex offenders too)

Sometimes the media works the public up in a frenzy that is unnecessary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register