Now I have blood pressure...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now I have blood pressure...... Now I have blood pressure......

Unread 05-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Now I have blood pressure......

Since I decided to have this surgery, I have had crazy things happen to me. I had a terrible stomach virus, then hemorrids from he**, a steroid pack that made me crazy, got put on thyroid meds and now I have high blood pressure. This week I've had really bad headaches that have put me on the couch all day and that's not me. I'm such a go getter. Last night my dh said what if it is bp? He checked it and it was 160/110. I went to gyn. office for nurse to check it and it was 154/108. Had to see reg. dr. at 4:30 today and it was 160/100. So tomorrow morning I take my first bp meds. Lets hope it will work ok for me. My dad said he took what my dr gave me and it made his heart race so much he had to go to er!! I hope some of you won't mind keeping me in your prayers!! Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2005, 09:26 PM

Hi*Ya'll,

I'm sorry you have developed some health issues since scheduling your surgery. It must be terribly frustrating. I will keep you in my prayers that your meds work and everything goes well for you!

s

Deb
Unread 05-25-2005, 10:15 PM

High bp - me, too, all of a sudden. And I will also start bp med tomorrow! Headache? Yup, since last Friday - and I can't remember a headache before that! I go to pulmonary rehab for asthma twice a week - been so tired that I have to kick myself to get there. But I found on Tuesday that after 30 mins on the treadmill, 20 on the Nustep and 10 on the rowing machine, I felt very good. It was temporary, but it sure was nice while it lasted. I hope you find something that brings you relief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2005, 06:10 PM

Mine has actually gone down! I've been on BP medicines for the last 8 years and they have basically kept my BP in the high range. Since all this started, my BP has come down and stayed down to the point they have reduced my medicine with no increase in my BP. I've also discontinued the aspirin until after the surgery is over.

When I first started on BP medicine, it made me very sleepy so be careful driving, etc. until you get used to it. The sleepies go away after a couple of weeks.

Kathy
Unread 05-27-2005, 12:25 AM

This morning I took my first bp med. As the day went on I got another headache. It got so bad that at 2:00 I went back to dr. He said my bp was 170 over 100. He could either give me a pill that would take 8 hrs to lower it or put me in hosp. to give me a med that would lower it in half an hour but it could lower it too much which is why I would need to be in the hosp. He wanted to do that so I wouldn't come home , worry about it and come back again. He isn't worried about how high it is because he says he sees people with it higher than that all the time. Anyway, I opted for the pill. It has now been 9 hrs since I took it. I don't know what my bp is but I've been in bed ever since 3:00 when I took that pill. At 9:00 my dh took my bp and it was 166 over 110. Can you believe it? Now I'm awake . It's after midnight. But I slept so much this afternoon. I am worried though.
Unread 05-27-2005, 01:13 AM

HI*Ya'll,
I also have high blood pressure and the week before my surgery mine stayed high even with me taking my medicine. My DR said it was from worrying. After I had my surgery they wouldn't even give me my BP med while I was in the hospital because my BP ran so low the *whole* time I was there. Hopefully your medicine will start working and soon. I know it took a few days of me taking mine before it really did any good.

Good luck and 'S
Shan
Unread 05-27-2005, 08:19 AM

Oh goodness!
When it rains it pours!

Try not to worry about the BP. It will only encourage it to stay up there! Maybe put a good movie in our read a good book for awhile to get your mind occupied with something else.

I sure hope your new med kicks in aoon and that you can be headache free!

Jo
Unread 05-27-2005, 11:04 AM

Thanks for all your responses. I got my bp checked this morning and it was down to 145 over 90. Good luck to all of you with bp to deal with!!
Unread 05-27-2005, 11:31 AM

I been following your BP scare Hi*Ya'll. You had me concerned there for awhile... Glad to see you got it under some control now. Goes to show what worry can do to it. Now take a big breath and get yourself ready for your stay at the CASTLE.

Best of luck...

Ces.
Unread 05-27-2005, 01:37 PM

Thanks cespos! I hope nothing else happens that might interfere with upcoming surgery. Mainly tho I am just being very careful so bp goes down some.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register