New doc Appt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-26-2005, 12:39 PM
New doc Appt

Hi everyone, I had a TAH in June of last year to remove a suspicous cyst on my ovary (wasnt cancer thank God) and chronic pelvic pain and prolapsed uterus, and my right ovary was left intact. The surgery was a nightmare, I lost a lot of blood and went into a thyroid storm. Ever since I had the surgery, I feel like my body is falling apart. The pelvic pain hasn't gone away. the pain during sex with hubby is worse than before surgery, and my hormones are all over the place. I really feel like I'm losing my mind. I made an appointment with a clinic for next week, but after the whole hyst. experience I'm scared to death. The doc who did surgery kept telling me that being so young I would bounce back quickly. I'm not bouncing at all. I'm only 28, and I feel so much older. My hubby has tried to be supportive, but he doesn't understand that I feel miserable all the time. I'm so tired of being in pain, and out right feeling rotten. Can someone please give me some advice on what to ask the doctor next week. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for letting me whine.
Christi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2005, 01:59 PM
New doc Appt

I am so sorry your recovery has not been what your doctor expected and relayed to you.

I wonder if your remaining ovary is the culprit here. If your other one had a cyst, perhaps that is what's going on with the remaining one.

Do make sure you write down your symptoms so that you can have it all straight in your mind. I find it helpful to take that to the doctor. While you are writing down your symptoms, also write down anything that eases the pain and anything that makes it worse. Also be very frank about your mood swings.

Try not to leave any information out. Details are very important. You are informing, not complaining. Remember that your doctor works for you and should patiently answer all of your questions to the best of her/his ability.

Let us know how it goes. We care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register