Scar Tissue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Scar Tissue

Has anyone had scar tissue problems since their hysterectomies? I am awaiting insurance approval to have a CT done on my abdominal due to right lower abdominal pain and lower back pain. My doctor said the calcifications could be anywhere from scar tissue to anything else. They found the calcifications on my IVP I had done last week. What is the treatment for scar tissue?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Scar Tissue

they think that is what is wrong w/ me too, I am still having major bowel problems and lots of pain on my right side, associated w/ the bowel problems, they are guessing that it is either a blockage or more likely (because I have a history of major scar tissue) adhesions (scar tissue) hooking to my intestines.

The only treatments that I know of are surgery to remove the scar tissue, which in turn can create more scar tissue, and so on and so forth .... or just living with it. Althought I have heard that massage can also help lesson the pain symptoms, I have not tried that tho.

I go tomorrow to my Dr. to see where we need to start and what we need to do to diagnose this problem I am having.

Good luck w/ your testing hope we are both fine.
Unread 05-26-2005, 05:32 PM
scar tissue

I am going in next week for surgery. They say its either scar tissue or endo recoccurring. dr said that the adhesions might be fused to my intestines, so the only way to help that is to remove the adhesions. I still don't see how they prevent new scar tissue from forming in the same place. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Scar Tissue

The only way to positively diagnosis adhesions is by having lapraoscopic surgery. They typically do not show up on x-ray, CT scan, MRI or ultrasound.

Here are a few sites and information that better describe adhesions; why they develop, treatment options & possible prevention:

What Causes Adhesions?

How Are Adhesions Treated?

You might also want to check out the HysterSister Resources section on Adhesions

I have had a LAVH in 2002. I had my right ovary and adhesions removed last year. I had another surgery 3 months ago to remove a pelvic mass and additional adhesions.

I was having pain and a "tugging" feeling on my right side. The pain was not a sharp pain, it was a dull, constant pain. The pain got worse if I was active or in certain positions. The pain would radiate down my leg and into my back. How adhesions feel for people varies - it can depend on the location of the adhesions and how severe they are.

Abdominal adhesions are bands of fibrous scar tissue that form on abdominal organs, causing the organs to stick to one another or to the wall of the abdomen.

Unread 05-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Scar Tissue

Thank you so much for replying to my e-mail
The hospital called and have me scheduled for an abdominal CT scan for Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. It is just bugging me not knowing what it could be! I am so nervous:eyes:
It is weird because somedays it doesn't bother me and then other days it really bothers me. Makes me really wonder what is wrong.

txsteph- good luck on your surgery and let us know how it goes, okay?
Did any of you have CT scans or have a related experience like I am having?

Thanks
Unread 05-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Scar Tissue

Please keep us posted, as I am going through the SAME EXACT thing with the SAME EXACT symptoms. I have went to the surgeon, which did a ct scan yesterday. Got the results back just now and they found NOTHING. My surgeon is out of town until Wed. of next week so I have to wait until then to find out what the next step is.

Thanks and hope you find an answer soon!
Keri
Unread 05-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Scar Tissue

Keri,

I hope they find the source of your pain. Have you had any other tests done previous to the CT? I'm nervous because they did find calcifications on my other test and now the CT is what they are going to do to find out exactly what it is. Hmmm.

Please keep me updated on what you find out from your docs.

Hang in there!
Unread 05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Scar Tissue

They have basically done every test they can! X-ray, ultrasounds, ct scans, etc. We will see. I will find out something on Wed. when the doctor comes back in from the holiday!

You take care,
Keri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register