Endo/Lupron Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endo/Lupron Questions Endo/Lupron Questions

Unread 02-21-2001, 10:41 AM
Endo/Lupron Questions

All righty then ladies, here are a couple of questions you may be able to help me with. Due to Endo I decided to take Lupron for six months. Two days after the first shot I started cramping, had some spotting, lower back aches, joint aches and I started my period right on schedule. Then I paid a visit to the emergency room due to what they said was the endo and a bladder infection. My DH was so kind to me during all this when in actuality if you could have seen the imagenary scratches on his face he would have looked like hamburger due to mood fluctuations. Cutting to the chase...we both decided not to go through this for six months and stopped the shots. After talking to the Dr. we decided to go for TAH/BSO on March 8th. I am still feeling some cramping, headachey now and then, hot flashes going really strong, night sweats and interrupted sleep. Is this what I am supposed to be feeling? After the surgery is this what I will feel because everything is gone? Could the Lupron have thrown me into earyly menopause?
Sorry this is long but boy I'm really confused and felt that you needed the whole picture.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2001, 11:16 AM
Lupron = Menopause

Hi there,
I took one shot of Lupron to stop my bleeding back in January. What Lupron does is stop all estrogen and progsesterone production in the pituitary glad which fakes your body into having menopausal symptoms. However, in my case it did absolutely nothing for me, other than some mild memory loss. It didn't even stop my bleeding. I did have a total of three hot flashes (which were ok by me because I'm always cold anyway).

You are smart to stop the shots if it affected you that way. I had one shot of Depo Provera a few years ago and it gave me such severe headaches, I couldn't function. Luckily I was only getting the monthly shot, not the 3-month shot.

Hopefully your Lupron shot will wear off soon and you'll feel better after your hyst. I'm already feeling like my shot is wearing off (had it on the 31st of Jan) just because I found my car in the parking lot yesterday at work (I forgot where it was last week!)
Unread 02-21-2001, 05:44 PM
Lupron

I've been on Lupron since last August! I had one 3 month shot, one 1 month shot, then another 3 month shot (gyn office messed up). I am going to the castle on 3/1 for a tvh/bso. I can not wait to be off the Lupron. This is my 2nd time around with it. The hot flashes and night sweats have been just awful. I haven't experienced any noticable memory loss (but would I know it if I had?). The reason I went back on the Lupron was because the endo started acting up again and I would have had my period FOREVER! It was also to buy me some time to decide if a hyst. was the way to go. I've also had a lot of headaches since I've been on the Lupron. It did it's job - but I'll be glad to be done with it. Now I'm just wondering how long it will take to get it out of my system. My last shot was in December.
Anyway, I hope this helped you...

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2001, 06:22 PM
Lupron and Endo

Hi,
I am sorry that you are having so many problems with the Lupron. I have done two six months rounds of it. The first time around was terrible (hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, but no bleeding)and second time I had no problems at all! The only thing is, the endo shall return! I am scheduled for TAH/BSO on 3/2. Since you are having so many problems with the Lupron and the endo you may be making the right decision in having surgery. Even though the Lupron stopped my bleeding for 8 month stretches each time, the endo is unstoppable in my case. I wish you good luck with your surgery, and I will keep you in my prayers.
Eileen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register