Teachers on a 9 month schedule, what do you do in summer? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teachers on a 9 month schedule, what do you do in summer? Teachers on a 9 month schedule, what do you do in summer?

Unread 05-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Teachers on a 9 month schedule, what do you do in summer?

Hi Ladies,

I teach on a 9 month contract at a community college. For the first time, I'm off from work for the summer - May 6 to August 17. (I usually teach a class in the summer, but with my breast reduction surgery coming up in July, I couldn't do that this year.)

I am so bored I can hardly stand it! What on earth do you do with all this time? My kids are all grown, and my friends all work during the day.

I am starting online classes on my master's degree next Tuesday, but that still won't fill all of my time. I'm planning to join Curves gym as soon as I can get motivated to go.

Which is part of the problem, motivation. I'm getting lazy. I stay awake until 3 and 4 a.m., just sitting on the couch, watching TV and surfing the internet on my laptop computer, then I sleep until almost noon. When I do get up, most days I don't feel up to getting dressed and going out, it's just too much trouble. I feel like my brain is turning mushy (along with my body.) I'm getting into a slump and I don't like it! Help!

I really need to work! I thought I'd enjoy having all this free time, but it's not that much fun. I'd make a horrible stay-at-home housewife! Any ideas on what I could do to get motivated?

Thanks and s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 08:49 PM

I just worked my last day friday! WooHoo! I am off until August 5th. I usually have a project to do...this summer..I am refinishing my dining room table and making a stone sidewalk in my yard. Plus, I like to go to the Childrens Hospital and rock the preemies, or visit the cancer children. It can be long and boring..I usually start planning in March! Good Luck!
Unread 05-30-2005, 06:28 PM

Good question..................

I will be experencing this for the first time next summer (2006).
Our school has always been year round, roughly 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off. It was THEE perfect schedule!!!! Helps to avoid burnout for staff and kids AND then the kids don't have 3 months of "empty" time on their hands to get in trouble or Mom has to find camps and $$ to keep them busy for so long.

I am a SSN (severe significant needs) shadow aide and my job is extremely physical. Having a week break in October and April isn't going to cut it at all. That is not enough time for body and mind to heal from all the extreme physical aspects of my job. I am VERY worried about burnout.

Ok.. that wasn't an answer to your question, sorry! I am curious what others say.

This year, our last as year round, our last day of school is June 22nd and we go back August 6th or something. THEN next year we are out May 25th till mid August (2006). I am thinking about getting a parttime 'fun' job, like at Bath Body Works or something that I love. Ok... granted I will just about be endorsing my 'paycheck' back over to them, but still.......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register