5 Days pre-op and Stress, Stress, Stress! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Days pre-op and Stress, Stress, Stress! 5 Days pre-op and Stress, Stress, Stress!

Unread 05-27-2005, 11:43 PM
5 Days pre-op and Stress, Stress, Stress!

My surgery is scheduled for June 1st, and there is stress and commotion going on all around me! I do so want to be able to concentrate on me right now but I can't. We're broke, have 4 extra people living in our home, my son just got married last week, (I found out the night before) and I'm trying to fix up my post-op room but there are people still living in there, are supposed to leave anyday. I just wanna scream!!!

Sorry, but I'm in so much pain, stressed, and don't really have anyone that understands what I'm going through. This summer was supposed to be my "Campaigns of Kathy" finally time for me to spend on *me*, but again, everyone else's problems seem to always come first.

Am I just feeling sorry for myself or should I put my foot down and tell people to let me be?

Thnx, Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 01:59 AM

Who are these 4 extra people? If they're living there they should pay some rent!? If not maybe it's time for them to move on because of your upcoming surgery. Put that foot down! If you don't take care of you who will? Good luck!
Unread 05-28-2005, 04:57 AM

Hey there. Youve only got 3 days to go it's time to think about you. Try if you can to take some time for yourself hopefully by now your house has emptied out a bit.

Take care ,,,, hang in there,,,,, we'll be thinking of you on the 1st...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 07:55 AM

Time to establish some boundaries!

The 4 folks who are there - either pay up some cash for this and next month's rent or move on.

If they're going to cough up the cash and stay then give them their assigned household chores that they will be taking care of for you while you recover from your surgery. make sure the list is d*mn long too, maybe they'll change their minds and get out of your hair!

Not only put your foot down, but build a fence while you are at it. You are just as important as everyone else in that house and it's time for them to take care of you for a change.

It's all about YOU, honey. It's high time everyone realizes it!

Take back your house. Get your post-op room fit for royalty and relax, it's going to be OK.

Hugs,
Jo
Unread 05-28-2005, 11:03 PM

Thanks for all your kind words...it's what I was thinking too, but I just needed to hear it from someone else and be sure I wasn't being selfish!

Sometimes we lose perspective until we can see it through someone else's eyes!
Unread 05-29-2005, 06:29 AM

Go Jo
Go Jo
Go Jo!!! I like the way you think!
Go kick some rear end Kathy, you got us backing you up!!
Unread 05-29-2005, 11:46 PM

Kay, three down, one to go, and my room is coming along...thanks guys!
Unread 05-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Campaign of Kathy

Get rid of the words "supposed to be"! This IS the summer of Campaigns of Kathy! For the next several months YOU are the top priority. A little piece of advice based on my experience with my surgery - if the hospital you are staying in is tolerable, stay as long as you can. I left as soon as I could because I don't really like hospitals and I wanted to be with my kids. Stupid move. The hospital I was in was great and I should have stayed for another night! Then maybe everyone else would have taken my situation a little more seriously and babied me a little more! I could've used that. Learn from my stupidity!

Take care of yourself and Good Luck! May you have the great quality of medical care that I had.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register