Rectum Repair post op question - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectum Repair post op question Rectum Repair post op question

Unread 06-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Rectum Repair post op question

Hi dynasyd! I am in Milton, Florida. Right outside of Pensacola. Are you in Florida?

I have 3 sons. All 3 were full term and the last 2 were over 8 pounds. And the youngest's head was almost 14 inches around! ouch! A rectocele was probably in my future with or without a hysterectomy. I did have a uterine prolapse among other problems.

Dany, Yep, surgical menopause for me. The doc removed everything. I haven't used HRT since September because it made my heart pound horribly. But I am doing good without them. Quite blessed I'd say.

I just need to accept it (rectocele repair) and get to the doc. Me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Rectum Repair post op question

Miztrina my recovery time is 6 weeks. Lifting no more than 15 pounds and no sex for 6 weeks. Like Dynasyd said .. Darn! Then again the way I'm feeling and having to wear this pad I really don't care! Not feeling to sexy right now!

I had my hyster 4 years ago in April. That sucked the beginging of spring. Now having it at the end of May when I would love to be outside gardening and all.

Luckly with the stool softners it is helping with the IBS-C! Finally had a few bowels movements yesterday after about 4 days. The pulling has eased up a bit. I know most of the pulling I'm feeling is the bowels stretching out the stitches, because things have eased up a bit so has the numbness.

I'm not sure what the numbness is being caused from. The doctor said that it must be my back. I don't think so. I have never had it before until the rectocele and the bladder slipping. My back doesn't hurt. I can feel it starting from the rectum. The numbness just eased up some too since I had the bowel movement. I have to be very careful not to get so constipated or it can rip the stitches out. I eat so much fiber!! Take the stool softners. Trying to be somewhat mobil to get things moveable.

Lifelong problem geez I hope not! I was told that after the recovery time lifting no more than 40 pounds. The rectum can fall again if not careful. I don't want to go thru this again! Besides having the rectocele repair I had the bladder put in a sling so that is why I have some pressure and pains when I void. That is trying to recover also.

For me the rectocele was getting worse and the doctor told me that surgery was the only option.
That is why everything right now is a pain in my butt! (sort of speaking)

Dany thank you for the hugs. I have been feeling so restless lately. Fustrated. Maybe I was thinking I would feel better after surgery. The hyster seemed like a breeze compared to all of this. I'm at the 3rd week right now. 3 more weeks and counting!

Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register