my scare | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-28-2005, 08:02 AM
my scare

Hi all,

I've been sick this last week. Dx'd w/bronchitis and sinusitis and suspicion of pneumonia. Oh, it's been a joyous week!

I had to go for a chest xray on Wednesday, to rule out pneumonia. Fine, no biggie....until the xray tech told me to get UNDRESSED again because the doctor needed another view. I asked, 'what is he seeing that concerns him??" She was very quiet for a moment and said something like,"well,sometimes you see something that shouldnt be there...and sometimes on other views you dont see it at all." SO hello! Where did my mind go?
"OMG I have mets to the lungs!" I freaked out. Ran home, called my oncologist to ask what the chances were. (slim) ..and spent 2 days very worried; besides just normal anxiety over what the tech said, it was made 10 times bigger because of the meds I was taking for my illness. A lovely side effect...a bonus!...more anxiety!

It was a long wait, but yesterday the prelim report came in and not only did I not have pneumonia but it mentioned nothing suspicious on the films. But of course the rad nurse said, "well the complete report will be more detailed." LOL.
Goes to show you how easy it is for your mind to play tricks on you...all because of what the rad tech said.
*sigh*

Not only that....remember how I said my tendonitis was doing so much better after a week away from the computer? well, it felt so good I over did it and am now almost back to square one.

Gilda WAS right! It IS always something!

K9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 08:27 AM
my scare

s K9

I am sorry to read about your upsetting week.
But I think under the circumstances, we would all have been just as frightened as you were. One of the side effects of having been diagnosed with cancer is jumping to the worse case scenario. I do believe in time this part will lessen some for you.
Lay low this weekend and take good care of yourself.
Let that sinusitis, bronchitis and tendonitis get better.

oxoxox karenann
Unread 05-28-2005, 08:37 AM
my scare

s K9

OMG! I would have been scared too! Glad that it has all worked out o.k.

Now get plenty of rest, take your meds so that the bronchial stuff goes away real quick. Can't believe you were doing so well with the tendonitis and then it's back?? What did you do to make it better? Stay off the puter?

As always, I'm thinking of ya....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 09:16 AM
my scare

Yep, Nut...Staying off the computer is my biggest challenge.
It's very difficult staying away from my Hystersisters, especially.

Thanks for your well wishes, as always, you and your sister are never far from my thoughts.

k9
Unread 05-28-2005, 09:50 AM
my scare

Hi ((K/9))

You certainly had a bad and worriful week and I know if a rad nurse tells me something is there that is not to be, cancerhead would come screaming at me. I am so happy the prelim news was good and I often wish they could speed up getting those reports to us.

Ok K/9 - we don't want to see any more posts from you for awhile so that tendontitis heals and stays away. We have the HS alerted. I certainly know how hard it is to stay off the computer and especially from HS and all the lovely sisters here. You know you are in our thoughts and and we are looking forward to seeing you back cured of your bronchitis, etc. and with the tendonitis all gone and for good. Pls get out and enjoy some of the summer weather before it gets stiffling hot.

s, peggiesue
Unread 05-28-2005, 10:15 AM
my scare

K9
I'm so glad you got good news but sorry you had to suffer Cancer Head 1st.

As the others have said, have a relaxing weekend.

Cindy
Unread 05-28-2005, 11:15 AM
What a Scare!

I'd have head the tech by the arms yelling "what? what?" I think. Anyway, I'm happy that there is nothing new besides pneumonia to be concerned about--and pneumonia is very serious, so take it easy and rest all parts of your body!
Unread 05-28-2005, 11:45 AM
my scare

Yo Buddy!

And all this time I was thinking she REALLY meant it when she said she was going to lay off posting for a bit. Whoa!

Hope you feel much, much better soon and PLEASE take good care of yourself and get some rest.

HUGE !

mim
Unread 05-28-2005, 12:11 PM
my scare

OH MY Goodness,

I suspected something was up when I did not see you on the computer much last week but I figured that it was because of your hands.

Why didn't you call me??? Anyway, I am glad that all is well. Rest up this weekend and enjoy your days off from work.

Rosalie
Unread 05-28-2005, 01:30 PM
my scare

Aww K9,

I am sorry to hear that you are sick. I was wondering why you have been on my mind very heavily lately, sometimes God will put a person on my mind and I don't always know why, I just start praying extra hard. You rest and then rest some more, you hear me? You need to take care of yourself....I will continue the prayers for you and will put you on my special prayer list. Keep in touch when you are more rested. Sending you gentles , s!

God bless you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register