It has been a long time!! I am BACK more problems.. Adhesions and bowel probs..HELP. - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It has been a long time!! I am BACK more problems.. Adhesions and bowel probs..HELP. It has been a long time!! I am BACK more problems.. Adhesions and bowel probs..HELP.

Unread 06-19-2005, 07:40 PM
It has been a long time!! I am BACK more problems.. Adhesions and bowel probs..HELP.

thanks lucille and slt for the replys! lucille, i too feel that my problem is the pudendal nerve. if it was the rectocele causing my problems it wouldnt come and go. it never goes completely away but some days are worse than others. i am extremely reluctant to even consider rectocele repair because many have that and are still left with pain.

lucille, i am on the vivelle dot. how do the hormones help the rectocele? do they strengthen the tissues down there or what? agains, thanks to you both for replying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 12:22 AM
It has been a long time!! I am BACK more problems.. Adhesions and bowel probs..HELP.

Jill, Yes, the vagina is very dependent on estrogen and without the right amount, it will thin, weaken and atrophy. Thus allowing the rectocele to push more into the vagina.

For me, the first thing they did was put me on Vagifem, a vaginal tablet (tiny, tampon like applicator) which delivered estrogen directly to the vagina where it was needed ASAP. Then, I went on a naturally compounded, bio-identical creme that was formulated just for me. The compounded hormones are, in my opinion, much safer that the one-size-fits-all (not) commercially produced products. Every woman is different, and if you have not been tested thoroughly, how will your doctor know what is YOUR formula?

Have you been over to the Hormone Jungle? There is a lot of information over there. I went to www.bpharmacysolutions.com (see the resources) and they worked with my doctors to get me the right combination. The difference has been amazing! But any compounding pharmacy can help you and they can also refer you physicians that are up on the compounded medicines.
Unread 06-20-2005, 06:22 AM

lucille, how do they test you to determine what hormones you need? finances are problem for me also, is this kind of hormone therapy generally covered by insurance. of course........paying for hormones would beat paying for yet another major surgery lol....thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 10:34 AM

I totally believe in the saliva testing over the blood testing, but many doctors (most) do not and are unaware of the difference. The way it was explained to me by a doctor who DOES believe in the saliva testing is that the blood shows what is available for uptake in your body, but that doesn't mean it's getting to the right receptors, while the saliva shoes what your body is actually using. There are many things that can interfere with hormone uptake, like other drugs for instance, so if you are testing in the "normal" range in your blood, that still doesn't mean you are getting enough estrogen to the parts that need it.

As for how to test, any compounding pharmacy can get you a saliva test kit. The pharmacy I use, mentioned above, will send them out in the mail. I think most insurance companies are recognizing the compounded hormones now, but there are still some who are behind so you will have to ask. Often the testing is covered by insurance, but if not you are in the ranges of approx. $40 -- $400. My co-pay is only $10 per RX and my shipping is $6.50 so it cost me $26.50 per month. Not too bad. (Although it still makes me mad that I have to pay anything for what my body used to make for free. My doctor didn't say one single word about hormones before the surgery and I was too stupid to know better back then.)

The Hormone Jungle has a lot of resources and information on hormones so if you haven't been over there, you may want to check it out.

In my area, we have found a couple of Nurse Practitioners who are very interested in this and quite helpful for patients. They seem to have more time to spend with women to get the RX's just right for each woman. The women don't feel rushed or condescended to when they go to these women, which makes the adjustments easier to make until you get your own, unique formula. Patient feedback is just as important as saliva testing when trying to find each, individual woman's formula.

Best wishes,
Unread 06-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks to all of you for keeping this one going...

Especially to you Lucille..... I guess all of this REALLY needed to be brought up. Maybe some of your Dr's should get a copy of this post for future reference!!!!!

I hope that you all have gotten help from this and find the comfort I did in knowing that we are not alone in this battle of the bowels.

Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register