Ugh do these doctors learn anything in medical school? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ugh do these doctors learn anything in medical school? Ugh do these doctors learn anything in medical school?

Unread 06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Ugh do these doctors learn anything in medical school?

I don't mean to offend anyone certainly not someone who may potentially find my problem and let me live a contented happy life. Several of you are starting to get to know me out there do to my posts on this site. I had a hysterectomy last November, did great for a month then one day just plain couldn't sit. Now mind you - I have a desk job - it's what I do!

So my surgeon talked about doing another laparoscopy and though I wasn't thrilled said we'd make that decision next time we got together. One month later he'd changed his tune. Decided it probably had nothing to do with the hysterectomy. He sent me to a orthopedist.

The Orthopedist took X-rays did a CT and MRI and sent me to a neurologist.

Now, I've had my first neurologist appointment, I passed my neurological exam (not that I didn't think I would) and now they've signed me up for a pelvic EMG but they aren't thinking it will produce anything. Now mind you I'M TERRIFIED of needles - so hearing they may be running this for nothing is not helping.

I know I'm not the only one facing these issues but how can this be so difficult????? I understand the endometriosis and adenomyosis were difficult but I really thought I was getting beyond my problems when I had the surgery!

Sorry to vent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Ugh do these doctors learn anything in medical school?

Karen:

Some of them apparently catch up on their zzzs in "Bedside Manner 101" ... I know, its really not funny how badly some of them behave, but we have to laugh at their shennanigans or we might cry.

I am sorry you find your self in the frustrating and painful situation. I'd advise you see a new gyn for a fresh opinion.

It concerns me that he'd change his tune like that without an explanation that satisfied your need to know.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register