3 Weeks Post-Op Today & Feeling Good | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Weeks Post-Op Today & Feeling Good 3 Weeks Post-Op Today & Feeling Good

Unread 06-03-2005, 08:04 AM
3 Weeks Post-Op Today & Feeling Good

Today, I am 3 weeks Post-Op and feeling good. I'm taking walks every day, did a little shopping with my DD tuesday, & was even able to do a major grocery shopping. My appetite is finally starting to come around, eating lots of fiber, fruits & vegetables so my BM's are right on time, still a little gassy but as long as it's coming out I'm not complaining.

Haven't had to take anything stronger than motrin maybe once a day, although we did go to the movies to see "The Longest Yard " yesterday & i laughed so hard that i felt a liittle sore so I had to take one. Am able to do chores around the house but no vaccuming. My body tells me when I'm doing too much & I listen. Would love to hear from any other 3 weekers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2005, 08:25 AM

Hi Lola,

Great news! I had a TAH on May 11, 2005.

I have been walking daily with my older Collie dog. He keeps a good steady pace and is not too concerned about the rabbits or ducks!

I feel very blessed that I am healing well. Some days are better than others. The worst time for me is in the morning. I usually wake up with a back ache.

All of my friends have warned me ( out of love!) not to overdue it. I am really trying to take their advise.

Please be good to yourself and allow yourself time to heal.

Have a wonderful day!
Unread 06-03-2005, 09:34 AM

Hellol,
I'm 3weeks 2 days post-op,May -11- 05 and feeling darn good.(LAVH/BSO).I went back too work part time last friday,and today i had a major accomplishment,I got my jeans on and they are comfortable.yea,i sure missed them.DH is getting my hot flashes everyday,i have'nt had one.i feel like i have been re born.I no longer need an afternoon nap,which makes me sleep better at night,But i still do need my heating pad on my back at night.no biggie,no pain meds .only tylonal when needed.I have been blessed and very lucky so far with my recovery.

Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2005, 09:49 AM

HI,

I'm 1 week post-op and Mentally I feel like I am 15 again! I'm 42 and had a LAVH on the 27th.. never really had any pain pre or post op.. just pressure on my bladder and I was growing like a weed the last 5 months! I am still moving slow probably from the Anest. but.. like I said.. am Mentally feeling AWESOME! I didnt even know I was lacking in energy or vibrance for life.. but I feel like I did years ago. Now all I have to do is get to where I can speed up my body a bit.. I still move slow.. but no pain. Apparenly I had a ton of tumors and my Doc said it looked like Mickey Mouse's head when he got the Uterus out. I would recommend this to anyone who needs it. I've felt good since day 4.. probably would have before that but I was sick from the meds. Good Luck to all.. I cant wait to get outta the house and ride again!
Unread 06-03-2005, 12:56 PM

Hurray!! I am a 3 weeker too!! I had a TVH May 12th and I am also doing good. I did go to the doctor on Tuesday because I started bleeding and he told me that everything was doing great and that it was a fluid pocket!! It helped to hear those words. I have had an amazingly good recovery.
I have two small children (4 months and 23 months) and I have tried to keep things "normal" except for carrying them. I have felt good from the time I woke-up and still doing good. I never really needed pain meds except for a couple of days the first week when I did over do it.
We have a home business and I came back to work 1 week after surgery. I could work when I wanted and rest when I wanted. 8 days after I went on a BIG outing and then a graduation party the next day. No problems.
I did get the OK to start taking care of my 4 month old daughter and that has helped me SO MUCH!! I was starting to get depressed because of feeling "helpless". I go back on June 14th and hope to be released. -- Amy

I am getting ready to go hang the net on the trampoline. Wish me luck!!
Unread 06-03-2005, 02:01 PM

i'm at 4 1/2 wks and feel worse the last few days than straight after surgery!!!.Last week i felt like the worst was over and things could only get better.Tonight i'm supposed to be at a party but am unable to go due to feeling sick and sore and tired and generally fed up.Maybe i overdid it a bit last week and its all just catching up with me.I just wish i could go to bed and wake up with all the pain and problems gone!!
Sorry to sound off here but it's the only place i know i can do it without people telling me "what do you expect ,you've just had major surgery"
I'll probably feel really silly tomorrow but for now ,getting it all off my chest helps a little
Thanks for listening!!
Unread 06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
3 weeks

You go Lola!!!

I'm three weeks as well had a subtoal May 10. Lost only the top of my uterus and a 5 pound fibroid. But girl you are doing so much better than I am. I still can barely walk around the house. I'm 45 and was good shape before hyst. Looking forward to feeling like you. Yipeee for you!!!

Susan
Unread 06-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Hello To All My 3 Weekers

Thanks for all the well wishes gettin stronger everyday.

To all of those who still aren't feeling better, be patient this was a major surgery and our body's are still healing.
Unread 06-03-2005, 10:26 PM

I'm at 3 1/2 weeks and feeling amazingly well. I'm taking it slowly but went to a wine dinner at one week -- on a plane trip the next week and to the gym this week (mainly walked slowly for half an hour and did weights under 10 pounds).

I think that the 4 weekers are in a stage of the healing process that causes a different kind of discomfort. I noticed yesterday and today that there was slightly more discomfort -- almost like internal bruising (nothing painful -- just odd).

Anyway princesses -- have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Travelcat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register