crying jag | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-04-2005, 11:39 AM
crying jag

Its Saturday morining & I am on a crying jag like no other, the first since this all started. I almost never cry, & its all I can do today, I feel so alone. None of my family or friends seem to understand what I am going through. I just had surgery on both knees on monday & found out tuesday that my hyster has been moved up to july 12. I am a self employed cleaning lady, & have a large bldg to clean this weekend, they promised to help, well, where are they now? If they can't come through for me now what will happen when I have the hyster? dh & sons are to take over during recovery. We depend on that extra income, how can I recover if I have to worry about this?
I feel so bummed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 02:35 PM
crying jag

Take a deep breath a few times. I also go through crying spells. When they are over, I feel a little stronger. The waiting is the worst part. You need to take care of yourself and try not to worry about your work (easier said than done I know) but the more stressed you are the longer it will take to recover. Think positive, you have all of us to encourage you along the way. My date to the castle is June 20th. I hope you will do something nice for yourself to make you feel like a princess. I keep getting sudden pains that remind me that I need to take care of this, and after I will feel better. It will be wonderful on the other side! And those aches and pains will only remind me that I am healing and there's a rainbow after the storm. Hang in there, and I am here for you.

Hugs, Kathleen
Unread 06-04-2005, 05:36 PM
crying jag

Thankyou Irish Kathleen for your support, I feel better now, the crying jag is over & now I feel just plain silly.

Having a TAH due to fast growing large fibroid, keeping ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 07:11 PM
crying jag

Just wanted to send my support and understanding your way. I had all of your emotions before surgery. I am not a person who cries alot but had several melt-downs and could not stop crying.

The surgery was not nearly as bad or painful as I imagined. I'm 3 1/2 weeks post-op and feeling really good -- I don't even feel like crying because I'm so thankful that it's over -- that I feel so good and that the pain was so much less than I thought it would be.

Hang in there.

Hugs,
Travelcat
Unread 06-07-2005, 05:20 PM
crying again...

I know about this crying thing, and waiting too...

I'm waiting for a date for pre-op, and then for my op date. Had a stay in hospital for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, fibroid & cysts on ovary.

Now i can feel the pending doom of my next visit from Aunt Flo, having vivid technicolour dreams, DH is away, and I forgot 2 important birthdays this week.

Feels like I'm dragging myself along, trying to cope and trying not to cry. Tonight we took the dog for a walk, lovely warm eve, and i snapped at my DS so badly he flinched back like I was going to hit him! (I'd never do that!)

My emotions are on a roller coaster with tears always just under the surface. I think sometimes we need to let the emotions take their course and if that means crying a little in private, then so be it. At least the tears don't come at an inopportune moment (like at work...)

This site helps me remember I'm not alone, so thanx to you all. Warm wishes & positive thoughts.
Unread 06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
crying jag

Seascout
I know just how you feel, my advice is just let the tears come, you will feel better once you are done crying, I agree that the waiting is the hardest thing, all sorts of fears & doubts go running through your head like frightened mice. Who knew that having a hyster would be so hard on the emotions. Take it one day at a time, & stay in touch with the hystersisters, I found my sanity here as well as a wealth of information & support.

Bonny
Unread 06-07-2005, 07:37 PM
crying jag

Oh, man, you should have seen me before my hyster. I was a total basket case. One night me, my hubby, and daughter held hands and prayed together. I just couldn't quit crying. I was SO afraid that something bad would happen. They even had to up my nerve meds.

It's normal to be afraid and to worry. You don't know what you will be able to do after the surgery, but one thing is for certain, you will make it through. Once my date was set I had a week to get my mind in gear, so I planned something every day that week to make the time go and to keep my mind at bay.

My prayers are with you and believe me you will be alright. Things will work out and this time next year this will all be a distant memory. Good luck and God bless you! You will be a Princess in no time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register