I'm tired all the time and sleep all day, is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm tired all the time and sleep all day, is this normal? I'm tired all the time and sleep all day, is this normal?

Unread 06-04-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm tired all the time and sleep all day, is this normal?

Hi ladies,
I'm 2 1/2 weeks post op and all I want to do is sleep. On a typical day, I get up at six go back to bed at 8, get up at 11, go back to sleep at 1, then up again at 3 or so only until after dinner, then back off to bed. Everything wears me out. I haven't been on any pain meds for over a week now. Anyone else have this problem? Oh, I did pass out in the shower this morning, but I think it's due to low weight. Help!!

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 02:13 PM

I'm just a few days behind you, but still on pain meds. I am sleeping a lot, but NOT sleeping well at night, I'm up every hour and a half or so, therefore I think the naps are needed.
But passing out in the shower? Not good, you can really get hurt! Are you anemic? I would let the dr. know that that happened, and make sure you have someone close by when you are in the bathroom. My SIL hit her head passing out in the bathroom years ago, and the result was devastating, so be careful, ok?
Call the dr., get those red blood cells checked, and drink LOTS of fluids in the meantime. If you pass out again, get yourself to the ER and get checked out, you may need some fluids.
Keep us posted, I'll be worried about you!
Unread 06-04-2005, 02:20 PM

Being tired is to be expected. But I'm worried about you passing out in the shower. Not good. Call your doc please.

Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2005, 02:48 PM

Kathy,

I agree that the being tired is perfectly normal. Your description sounds exactly like my life at 2-4 weeks post-op.

But, I agree with everyone else you should talk to your doctor and let him/her know that you passed out. That's something they need to know, and they need to find out what the cause is.

take care.
Unread 06-04-2005, 02:55 PM

Call your doc ASAP about the passing out thing...could be something important you don't want to overlook.

As for the constant sleeping...sounds normal. I still sleep alot and I am entering my third week post-op.
Unread 06-04-2005, 03:52 PM

I was up yesterday from 11 am till 11 pm with no nap... resting though walking a bit sitting alot, waiting for my hematoma to pass.... today I am paying, it's 4:48 and I Just go out of bed to shower,nasty night sweats, and to try to get going... I have slept on and off all day. Today is day 17 for me. I do pain meds on and off... none today yet, but into the eve. I am sure I will need one. Your body heals at rest, so let it happen.
Call the Dr. about passing out though, could you be hypoglycemic??
Unread 06-04-2005, 06:39 PM
thanks so much

Hi ladies,
thanks so much for your concerns/ The passing out thing really scared my mother. I will be calling my doctor Monday am

God Bless you all,
Kathy
Unread 06-07-2005, 03:36 PM

Kathy,
How are you doing? Look forward to hearing from you soon. Hope all is well. Let us know, ok?
Deb
Unread 06-07-2005, 06:42 PM

hi Deb,
Thanks so much for asking..I'm doing very well, although I still tire easily. The passing out in the bathroom was from of all things, dehydration. I was dieting before the surgery and my electrolytes were low and the surgery sent them into a tailspin. I'm drinking lots of Gatoraide and feeling much better.
Thanks again for asking. I hope you are doing well, too.
Kathy
Unread 06-08-2005, 12:07 PM

Too wierd... I was on the SouthBeach and dropped alot for me anyway, right before surgery, but gatorade is in the house ALL the time I've been drinking that since I came home... gallons of it. I am glad to hear you are fine. I go to find out about the hematoma today... to see if they will have to go back in. Keep in touch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register