Hormone Levels | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormone Levels Hormone Levels

Unread 06-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Hormone Levels

ok you all. I had a TLH on 4/2/04 and never ever had my levels checked. Last November I was having a lot of tenderness in my breasts (mostly right one) and went in to have it checked out. Dr. couldn't find anything. Had a mammogram everything fine. Now all of a sudden major pain again in the right one. Just like before I used to start my period is the best way I can describe it and a little pain in upper back. I am on .1 vivelle dot patch. I called the dr office today and the nurse said look we found nothing wrong and mammogram was fine. Lay off the caffine and if that doesn't help you better call a general surgeon. Boy was I just p.o'd. I dont want to use words on this group buy what do you all think? Should nt that be routine getting your levels? Or am I just dreaming?

Allycat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Hormone Levels

Hi Alleycat! I've split your post off to start a new thread so your question doesn't get missed.

Hormone levels aren't routinely checked by all doctors. Quite frankly unless you're having a lot of problems there's probably no need to have them done.

Your breast pain could be a symptom of your estrogen level being a bit high, or progesterone that is low. If that is your only symptom, you could try using a little bit of progesterone cream directly on your breasts to see if that helps. Or, if you are wearing your Vivelle Dot on your rear, try moving it to your abdomen where absorption is generally less than if worn on the rear. Here's a link to the list of symptoms common for too much/too little estrogen, progesterone and testosterone to help you determine if you have other symptoms of low estrogen.

My personal preference is to tweak my hormones according to my symptoms rather than to some set level of "normal" on a hormone test. I know I'm the best judge of what feels normal to me.

I hope this helps!

s
Unread 06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
mixture of symptoms

I know that it says on the vivelle pkg. that you can get breast tenderness from taking the hrt. I have a combination of those symptoms (hormone) and not all of one if that makes sense. My skin has gotten more oily. My breasts are just majorly tender and there are times when I feel like a could start a period, back ache, breasts etc. I have actually lost weight since my hysterectomy. No lost in sex drive and orgasms are better than ever. So, maybe my hormone level is ok and I really do need to cut back on the caffeine and also if someone could tell me where to get the progesterone cream for my breast and what brand I will try that along with vitamin E.

Allycat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2005, 04:13 AM
Hormone Levels

Hi alleycat

You can get an OTC progesterone cream from quite a few stores. You would want to make sure it says USP progesterone cream because many of them claim to have progesterone in them, but actually they do not. Also to be sure it will work well enough you would want to make sure it has at least 400-500 mg per ounce of cream.

If you are interested the hystersisters store has a progesterone cream that meets all the requirements. I have read that many women have had good results with this brand.

Store click here....

Unread 06-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Hormone Levels

Caffeine actually can cause some breasts problems. I don't even drink soft drinks but I used to drink a lot of morning coffee--half a pot and then some at times. I developed a bunch of breasts woes and actually got sent to a breast surgeon during that time who told me to back off the coffee. I thought he was a quack but gee wiz! he knew what he was talking about.

Tami
Unread 06-07-2005, 05:28 PM
only had one cup today - really hard

Well, I should know better. I was told this when I was 24 years old. I was up to drinking 7 cups plus a day. Not good. I only had one large cup today. Thats it. Drank caffine free diet coke today as well and water the rest of the day. Yah for me. Very hard as I love my caffine.

Ally
Unread 06-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Hormone Levels

Good for you Ally! I have fiberous breasts and even before the hyst my docs were urging me to cut back on the caffeine. I have been making an extra effort, am using the caffeine free diet coke and while I can't go totally without my regular caffeinated coffee, I have only been having one cup in the morning. Usually I drink about half and than fill the cup up with decaf. I don't like decaf by itself, but by mixing it with some high octane stuff it's not so bad.
Unread 06-07-2005, 06:24 PM
caffeine

Yes, the dr told me at age 24 I had fibersystic breasts. I never really listened about the caffeine but now I really have to do it. Ouch! I mixed the high octane with the no-leaded today as well. I just love the taste of coffee. Can't help it. Hopefully it will help!

Ally

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register