Tuesday, 6/7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Thumbs up - Tuesday, 6/7 Tuesday, 6/7

Morning

I made it to the gym yesterday -- just did the routine I was set up with... 15 minutes on the treadmill & then floor exercises. And food was very OP. Water... good too.

I'm looking for more of the same today. I wanted to try their classes as well... today is Body Pump. I have a list of classes that I can actually do... so we'll see how this goes.

Food today is looking good...

B - oatmeal w/ walnuts
S - banana
L - most likely a salad
S - kashi bar
D - cajun salmon w/ salad
S - WW fudge bar

I printed out a list salads from the WWs website to kinda mix things up here. I just need to pick up some of the ingredients so I can start making my own salads for lunch... that way I won't be tempted.

Ellen... to you and your son... hopefully the wait won't be a long one. I, too, am on the patch & just love it (as far as loving an HRT goes that is)... I use the Vivelle Dot. I'm not crazy on being on it... but the alternative was too much (hot flashes/the "weepies"/night sweats... I had it all). Hope it brings you some relief.

Desk... I hear you on the office food... luckily the group I'm w/ right now are health nuts... so the only foods that are brought in to share are fruits & nuts. There are "hot" zones in our department that I just stay away from... too much of a temptation.

Melissa... glad to see you back online again. Just hate computer screwups... why can't the blasted things just work

Fran... where are you? I miss you starting the morning threads

Emily... what I think Melissa was trying to explain is switch up what you are doing... for example, instead of walking trying a new exercise... that way your body may respond differently... not to add another exercise to your already established routine. Worth a try... as you already switched up your food routine.

Hi to Llyn & Margo & Nancy& Karen!!

Gotta go & get the day started... work is a calling (don't really want to answer but...)

Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Tuesday, 6/7

Happy Tuesday! Thanks for all the support on the pound cake. All day yesterday there were two pieces of that cake sitting in a container outside my office. This monring there is one left. I managed NOT to have any all the rest of the day yesterday and I think if I don't look at it, I can avoid it today. Maybe someone else will eat it. I still have my oatmeal ahead of me, and more of that leftover spinach pizza for lunch. Then an apple. Dinner will probably be a Subway wrap of some sort. I am still aiming for low fat. I think I feel better on low fat. It's a good excuse to get me away from the worst stuff that I eat compulsively, anyway!

Wishing you all the very best of days, and I'll check back later. Sorry I can't address everyone, so I'll just send a big to each and every one of you!

Desk
Unread 06-07-2005, 05:47 AM
Tuesday, 6/7

Good morning Sue, Desk and all to come,

Sue sounds like you are really on track. Good for you. Desk I have a hard time when someone brings in goodies for the office to share too.
I went to class last night and as I feared no a/c but I ended up staying but man was it hot. I drank lots and lots of water.
Food today should be good. Banana for breakfast, lemon pepper tuna for lunch and grilled chicken wraps for dinner.
The new refrigerator is supposed to be delivered today; I hope this one arrives undamaged.
Sounds like it is going to be a hot one today. Stay cool.

Llyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Tuesday, 6/7

Hey Everyone! How are you all today? I have been busy and forget to get in here. Summer has finally arrived here in GA! It's so hot and muggy. My weight and measurement ended up being pretty good on Friday. After working out at the new gym for 3 mos. things finally moved. W-3.75lbs. I-5 3/4. SO I will take it!
Trying to eat better! I've been in that pit for so long, I'm working really hard on the attitude and getting back to eating as I know I should. Started going to the tanning bed last week. I've been 3 times, the 3rd I got burned. I will go again today. Off to work out in a few. Put my van in the shop yesterday to have the hood replaced from where the tractor trailer backed in to me. Our insurance provides a rental, I got a 2005 Suburban. I've never had anything that nice, so it will be fun to run around in for 2-3 days. This week is VBS at church. It's all out doors, with tents etc.. It is a simulation of Jerusalem. It is fun. I helped in the bakery part. They were making bread, and for snack we had these sugar cookies that they were putting icing on. That was not a temptation for me. I ate an apple. I gave out almost 300 cookies. The bread was made by a lady in the church. Yummy!
Whole wheat bread where she grinds her own wheat, all natural ingredients. The only sugar is 1/4 of honey. She buy some kind of good honey, not grocery store brand. Anyway, it is wonderful. She gave me a loaf and I had some for breakfast. Well it's off to a busy day. Hope all of you are well. Hopefully I can check in again later. Off to workout, tan and buy my Mother a birthday present.
Blessings, Sharon
Unread 06-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Tuesday, 6/7

Hi!

My morning was not very co~ordinated this morning I got there in the end, but unfortunately, no computer time!

I was up late last night, emptying out the dining room, for me to paint it next week, it's a bit bare and echoey, but I can live with that! (Easier to clean too!)

Breakfast ~ banana on toast

Lunch ~ cheese sandwich (wholemeal bread)

Snack ~ (eek, chocolate biscuit) and an apple.

Dinner ~ scrambled eggs and sausages

snack later on ~ pro biotic strawberry yoghurt

Its very warm and clammy here, but there is a bit of a breeze!

Had to keep dogs in kitchen today, while I was in work, as they were barking like lunatics, and didn't want to annoy any neighbours enjoying the good weather, So, I've gotta go mop up after Jakey, (I've just washed the mop)

Have a great day folks, hope you're all having good weather too!
Unread 06-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Tuesday, 6/7

Hi ladies, Yes, it's hot and muggy here, too Fran! I thought I was going to die yesterday after my walk as the sweat just dripped off of me. I think I will save my walk for tonight when it is cooler if I am not too pooped after Curves. The heat just makes me feel tired all of the time and I do not have central air. Food was good yesterday as I was not too hungry because of the heat. Water was the best thing about yesterday.

Sue, I think I knew what Melissa meant but I just don't know what exercises to add right now. I am still getting used to the fact that I like to exercise now after years of thinking it was a four letter word.

Sharon, congrats on the weight and inches lost! Awesome!

Desk, hang in there. You can do it!

Later...............

Emily
Unread 06-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Tuesday, 6/7

Hi Everyone

Got up late and ran out the door for my step class. Boy was it a work out since I missed last week. But I'm glad I went. Sweated A LOT and my muscles felt good afterwards. The scale at the gym still says 181.5 so haven't done any damage from the salty foods last week. Thank goodness, lol.

Bkft today was - skipped . I haven't done that in a long time.
Lunch today is a salad with chicken in it.
Dinner will be a chili I think - I'm in the mood for it.

It's hot, muggy and summer like - I love it right now. My house is open and I'm enjoying feeling the breezes comming thru the windows. No air on yet - we've only just got done using the heat, lol.

I took an elderly friend to vote (after the gym) in the primary's so I've done my civic duty today, lol. Then took her to buy a graduation card then home. She's such a love - very hail and hardy at 94. She no longer drives so depends on others. I help out when I can.

Emily - I figured you would know what I ment with the change in excerise. I just found that I seemed to have gotten "used" to the treadmill, bike, and wt machines and the doc kept pushing me for more "cardio" so I tried the step classes for a change of pace. That's when I suddenly dropped 1.5 lbs and really really feel that is doing more good both cardiowise as well as toning.
I dont think you need to ADD more excerise, just perhaps consider changing what your doing? Curves 2 days, a step class 1 day, walking the rest? Just change the mix? Only a suggestion... the body does get used to it - that's why as nurses we walked miles but never lost a pound! LOL

Desk - I heard the end of a quick segment last night regarding some doctor and his amazing wt loss. Seems he weighed over 400lbs and lost 288 or so. He's written a book - "My Big Fat Greek Diet" - he's doctor ??? can't remember his name, lol. Anyway - thru diet and excerise he did it. BUT he says the biggest thing he felt he needed was accountability not just for his own self - but from his friends and co-workers. He announced 2 weeks ahead of time that he was going to do this....he told EVERYONE - family, friends, and especially his co-workers. He told then NOT NOT NOT to temp him with stuff, that he would refuse food no matter who he offended or for what occasion. He told them they needed to be responsible for THEIR actions to sabatoge his plans. It worked for him. Now while he went on a medically supervised liquid diet (high protein drink) for 8 months - then onto regular foods after that - the idea that ACCOUNTABILITY FROM EVERYONE worked for him. Those who offered him "treats" at work were embarrased to be reminded that they were trying to hurt him, etc......
Have you told your co-workers that you dont' want to be tempted? I've told everyone in my life that I can eat only certain things and they actually have come to remember and actually have started to help me avoid any pitfalls. Family members go out of their way to cook things that are healthy now when we're comming to visit - its' great - even my co-workers remember and ask if they can bring me back something from the cafeteria that I can eat. THEY REMEMBER - if you ask - THEY REMEMBER.
I'm thinking of getting this doctors book and reading it. Might be useful I'm thinking.

Anyway - sorry for rambling on - just thought his idea was worthwhile and may work for some. Of course we all have to have the resolve within ourselves for this to work! LOL. That's the hard part.

Hi's going out to Fran, Sue, Lynn, Sharon, and all who follow.
The pool is calling my name saying "clean me, clean me".

Hugs to all -
Melissa
Unread 06-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Tuesday, 6/7

Hi Sue, Llyn, Sharon, Fran and Emily and anyone else arriving soon! I didn't eat my prepared lunch (again) but went out, had a half roast beef sandwich and a cup of Hungarian Mushroom soup. I'm sure the soup was not lowfat, but it was either that or a whole sandwich, so I decided to try it. I love mushrooms and mushroom soup but am not too hot on any other soup. It was very good, and I don't need to have it again! Three of us split a piece of chocolate cake, and fortunately they were not shy about eating the frosting, so I didn't go crazy.

At the checkout counter there was a tea towel that said "I'm on a thirty-day diet and so far I've lost 15 days!" Sounded too familiar, but I had to share it with you.

Sue, I hope the Body Pump goes well. I like those classes. YOu sound like you are doing well!!

Llyn, congrats on staying when there was no A/C. That wipes me out, but somehow it feels good. Can't wait to hear about the new refrigerator - I'm a teeny bit envious

Sharon, enjoy that new vehicle while you have it! What fun, even if you did have to have an accident in order to drive it. Congratulations on the measurements - those sound great to me! I'm very proud of you! Be careful getting your tan, don't burn again! I'm using some sunless tanning for my high school reunion this weekend. I can look as bad and blotchy as I did when I was in high school

Fran, how lovely to have a freshly painted dining room! Imagine having a place that echoes - believe me, my home is filled so fully with junk that an echo is impossible, even on television! Do you have such things as "Piddle Pads" or "Wee Wee Pads" at the pet supply shops? Then if you have to lock the pups up they have a place to go if necessary. You can also get a litter box for dogs,and for dogs the size of yours they could work very well. You can even set up a little box with a piece of sod/grass so they'd still have a little taste of outdoors in an emergency! BTW your meals sound good. YOu only had one single biscuit? I'm pretty impressed by that!!

Emily, thanks for the support. I know I can. Just staying here and NOT working at losing is a challenge for me because every day I have to ask myself why I'm not really trying? Yet sharing the work with you is so helpful, seeing your progress and the pitfalls and plateaus - I don't feel so "alone" if that's the word I mean. Maybe it is. I've been working up a sweat on each of my evening walks. Ultimately I want to walk and then put in a few minutes on the elliptical but it's not happening yet. At least I"m walking the dogs and am still sweating a lot. As long as it's a healthy sweat then it has to be okay! Unfortunately the heat does not curb my appetite. too bad for me!

Oooh Melissa you slipped in just as I was previewing my message! Thanks for the hints. I KNOW that would make a huge difference and I will check that out. I think I had heard the name of the diet but nothing about it. YOu know, I wonder if by just making the announcement to everyone it also increases my own personal accountability. And I know Tim and I sabotage each other, endlessly. THANKS!

See you all tomorrow - have a great rest of day!

Hugs,
Desk
Unread 06-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Tuesday, 6/7

The name of the book by that doctor is "My Big Fat Greek Diet" by Dr. Nick Yphantidies. He used to wear a size 60 pants and now he wears a size 34.........pretty impressive!

Emily
Unread 06-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Tuesday, 6/7

Hi!

Just have to slip in with this little tidbit of info................In between gynae putting me on the list, and actually being in hospital recovering took around 10 months.

When I got to see him after my op, I barely recognised him, he'd lost so much weight!

Nothing to do with the big fat greek diet but it just remind me of how much weight my gynae lost! ( ME = )

Maybe I'll see my gp and ask for a referral and ask him how he did it!

Off to wash my eldest DDs hair, she's stewing in the bath as I tap away merrily on here!

tara Chucks! lol lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register