terrible abdominal pain and visit to uro/gyn today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

terrible abdominal pain and visit to uro/gyn today terrible abdominal pain and visit to uro/gyn today

Unread 06-07-2005, 06:04 PM
terrible abdominal pain and visit to uro/gyn today

Hello
I was at work today and my abdoman started hurting. It got so bad I had to leave the group I was holding and go sit down in the back office. I felt nauseous and just plain uncomfortable. I have no idea what is causing the pain.I have had abdominal pain every since my TAH a year ago. I had a lapro last Sept. for abdominal pain and ended up getting my GB out, but I continue with the abdominal pain.
I called the uro/gyn office (specializes in pelvic floor support problems) where I had a appt. for in July. I asked the lady if the dr. deals with abdominal pain, because if not I needed to find me a dr. who did. She said he did and she told me to come in today. I went and the lady who did my medical history said he didn't deal with the abdominal pain. I felt disgusted at that point. I was checked internally since I was diagnosed with stress incontinence back in Jan. I wanted a second opinion I guess as far as any other problems going on. She said I have a small cystocele. The dr. (uro/gyn) came in and examined me too. He said my posterior repair looked good. I still have bm issues going on, so he said for me to continue seeing the colon rectal dr. They had me empty my bladder, then did a bladder scan to see if urine was left in my bladder. He came back in and said he wanted me to have urodynamic testing done, although I had it done in another office before my posterior repair in Jan. I have no idea why I need to have it again. He said after the test we would talk and see what treatment is appropriate. He also said we will discuss the abdominal pain. He then asked me if I kept my ovaries? I am thinking he thinks my abdominal pain may be associated with my ovaries. I guess it could be, because I do have lots of scar tissue from my 5 abdominal surgeries.My test is scheduled for July 5th. I have a tvt scheduled with a urologist on July 15th. I think I need to have this tests and see what the uro/gyn recomends. The lady dr. said if I need surgery for the abdominal pain problem it could all be combined. I guess I really need to follow through with this office and have all of my concerns addressed. I will probably cancel the tvt with the urologist, but will wait to see what the uro/gyn has to say. I would just love to get rid of all of these discomforts.
The dr. I saw today is one of the best 10 nationally, so I know I am in good hands. He is going to dictate a letter to my gyn who referred me to him.

Have any of you had surgery to repair a small cystocele, while having a tvt? I just don't want to have to have it repaired down the road. I don't want anymore surgeries.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I have just been dealing with this abdominal pain for so long and just want a answer for once. I am tired of searching!

Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2005, 10:29 AM

HI peggy some months after my hyst I had some infection which I now suspect may have sparke doff adhesion colic . it was pain galore . The odd painw as two inches above and below my incision . I nknow that somewhere about the tarct in that region I do have adhesions .

I hope your issues get sorted out . It maybe possible that there may be more than one problem causing your distress as it was in my case .

Thats why while my nausea has vanished I still have ot fight to control my heartburn .

So that puts me under the care of two Drs .. the uro gynae and the GI Dr .. welkl make it three if you count my GP .

I think its right if you can seek another opinion from one you trust . even if it is your GP .. good luck

mei
Unread 06-08-2005, 04:45 PM

mtdewpeg,

I just read your post - I am so sorry to see that you are still having such terrible pain. I'm am glad though, that you have a doctor who you trust and will get to the bottom of all this. A repeat of the urodynamic tests isn't a bad idea - things might have changed since the test done last year. Abdominal pain can come from just about any place -but I bet it is those ovaries! Stick with this office, it sounds like they are willing to address ALL your issues. Please try to not loose faith and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2005, 06:06 PM

My Gyn who did my TAH and posterior is great and I really trust him. The dr. said yesterday that my gyn did a real nice job on the repair. My gyn told me that he wanted me to see this uro/gyn because he specializes in the kind of problems I seem to be having. He also was good enough to admit these types of conditions isn't his specialty. I will continue to go to him for my yearlys and hormonal issues (if they come up). He also has a special interest in menopause, which will be helpful when I hit it.
The pain wasn't near as bad today. There is alot of pulling sensation around my incision area and lower abdoman when I reach or lift things. I am glad I will be able to have it checked out. Until then, I am doing ok.

Peggy
Unread 06-09-2005, 08:31 AM

Peggy,

I'm so sorry to hear you are still having problems. I had such pain with my left ovary when they had to put a stitch in it during my hysterectomy. I was able to keep both ovaries. My surgery was done in the winter of 2003, but sometimes to this day I will get a pain in my left side near my incision. And it feels like something is tuggy on my insides. It will only last for an instant thank God. So, I don't really worry about it. But I feel it is my ovary or some scar tissue around the ovary that may be still trying to rejuvinate the nerves or tissue or something - who knows. But I really feel for you, because if I had this pain constantly I would be very distraught.

I haven't had my rectocele repair yet as my mother had to have kidney surgery at the beginning of May. I had to put my surgery on the back burner to take care of her. She is doing very well and is cancer free. So, now I can start working on my health issues again. I go to see a Uro/GYN on June 20th for a second opinion and then I will decide where to have my repair. I'm scared about it because just recently a retired nurse said to me "Oh, that surgery is very painful." Greeeeaaaaaat! Just what I needed to hear, right?

I hope everything works out for you soon!

I'll be praying for you.
Unread 06-12-2005, 02:01 PM

Hi Lonny

I am sorry your mother had to have those issues. I know how stressful it is for everyone involved. My mom had to have a kidney removed. High blood pressure over the years destroyed her. She ended up with congestive heart failure and renal failure.
I am glad you are getting a second opinion. That is what I am doing. Don't worry about the repair. Mine wasn't bad at all. I have that small cystocele now and may opt to have it repaired if I need a bladder suspension of some type. You just have to follow your dr's orders and take it real easy.
I have a appt for follow up at the colon rectal office this coming Fri. The uro/gyn said to make sure I follow up there since I continue having problems emptying bm. I do wonder what is going on there.The repair was supposed to fix it.
Let me know how your appt goes. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Peggy

I HOPE YOUR MOM IS DOING WELL WITH HER RECOVERY.
Unread 06-12-2005, 07:36 PM

Just got a letter in the mail. My June 20th appointment has been rescheduled for July 6th. AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH. :hair:

Patience is not my virtue.
Unread 06-15-2005, 09:30 PM

Hi Lonny
I know how you must feel by your appt being pushed back. I guess the dr. decided to take a vacation, huh?
My urodynamics is July 5th. I hope after that he will order a MRI or some kind of test to check my abdoman out. My leg also pops alot down where it hooks on in the vaginal area. I can't help but think this is all related somehow. I go to the colon dr's office Friday. I hope I am not brushed off. I know someething is not right in the bm area. I need to be careful there since I had the repairs.
Good luck and I hope you get answers at your appt.

Peggy
I hope July gets here quickly for both of us.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register